Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a radar dector installed in the MO? I saw some previous threads but was looking for some pictures. I just got a Bel 985 and am on the fence about where to install it.

Decisions decisions....... top center, top left with visor attachement, lower left..... what is one to do? :eek:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which wire did you tap into.. yellow or orange? I was going to tap into the rear view mirror using the orange wire.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you tap into the yello is that part of the ingitiion system... meaning does your detector turn off when the car is turned off and on when the car is running?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed the hard wire this morning. I tapped into the wire in the A pilar harness and used the oragne wire. I went for the A pilar becuase the Bell 8500 had a visor mont and I prefer to have it in the left corner. of the windscreen.

The visor clip that it came with wasn't long enough to stay securely on the visor but what did work out really well what that I used the visor clip and slid it into the top of the headliner, where it meets the wind screen. Fits perfect.

Best of all is that you can't see the wires NOR the radar detector so it makes me feel a bit better that if I leave it mounted outsiders can not even see it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Gonzo said:
Anyone have a radar dector installed in the MO? I saw some previous threads but was looking for some pictures. I just got a Bel 985 and am on the fence about where to install it.

Decisions decisions....... top center, top left with visor attachement, lower left..... what is one to do? :eek:
On my old pathfinder I had one installed under my hood, and a speaker under my dash that beeped.

Even in states where radar detectors are allowed, cops will never let you go with a warning if they see a detector mounted in your car.

On my 95 PathFinder on the center console there were four buttons, and one didn't do anything, so I went to a junk yard and pulled the button/switch and connect the detector to it as a on/off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts