Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my radiator and thermostat changed a few weeks ago on my 09 Nissan Murano awd because my radiator had a leak in it and my car was overheating. Ever since I did that my radiator fan is ALWAYS ON, non stop! I checked and tested the relay and fuses and they are working just fine. I did notice that after I plugged the relay and fuses back in the fan was off. So to see if it would turn on I turned on the a/c and it came on and when I turned it off it turned off and it seemed to work like normal but eventually started acting up.

I havent replaced the coolant temperature sensor so not sure if anyone can think of anything else I can check first. If I do need to replace the sensor is there a way to test it out without having to buy a new one first? If anyone wants to know my car is always reading below half on the temperate gauge towards cool in the car so nothing is overheating. Hope to get some good help! Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I do not remember if the temp sending unit is on the radiator or on the engine. If on the radiator, check to make sure it is plugged in correctly. If it is, check to see if it is single wire or double. If single wire, the radiator may have to be grounded to the chassis. Otherwise sensor might have been damaged during radiator R&R.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The coolant temp sensor is by the transmission dip stick, I replaced my coolant temp sensor and the fan went back to normal for like 4 weeks and now it’s running high, it’s not overheating at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts