Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the radiator on my 2011 Murano about ready to come out, but am not sure if I have to remove the condenser or not.
The right side moves enough to get it out I think, but on the left side the plastic guard is in the way and hits the AC pipes going
to the condenser and prevents me from moving it very far forward on that side. I saw one YouTube video where the guy said
he was able to get it out without disconnecting the condenser and another one where they said you had to.

Also, are the coolant lines going to the transmission oil cooler pumping transmission fluid from the radiator or coolant?

I sealed the lines up when I took them off so they wouldn't leak, but just wondered. It looked like there was a crust of antifreeze
around the end of the hose when I took it off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've got the radiator on my 2011 Murano about ready to come out, but am not sure if I have to remove the condenser or not.
The right side moves enough to get it out I think, but on the left side the plastic guard is in the way and hits the AC pipes going
to the condenser and prevents me from moving it very far forward on that side. I saw one YouTube video where the guy said
he was able to get it out without disconnecting the condenser and another one where they said you had to.

Also, are the coolant lines going to the transmission oil cooler pumping transmission fluid from the radiator or coolant?

I sealed the lines up when I took them off so they wouldn't leak, but just wondered. It looked like there was a crust of antifreeze
around the end of the hose when I took it off.

Thanks!
I think I saw the same video (2010 Murano) and it looks like the guy got it out without having to disconnect the A/C lines since it's in the video. Fluid running through the transmission cooler lines is CVT fluid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did mine a few months ago on my 2010. It's not fun at all, AT ALL, but totally doable without removing the AC condenser. You have to get a little rough and work it and get it into the just right position. If you have somebody else that can help you hold the condenser while you work out the radiator that is very helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did mine a few months ago on my 2010. It's not fun at all, AT ALL, but totally doable without removing the AC condenser. You have to get a little rough and work it and get it into the just right position. If you have somebody else that can help you hold the condenser while you work out the radiator that is very helpful.
Hi- Thanks! I never was able to get it out with the condenser line attached. I tried to remove the line at the manifold next to the condenser but the bolt head sheared off. I disconnected the manifold lines near the fill cap for the radiator
and that gave me enough play to get it out. I got the new one in and everything connected and it all looked good, but then I noticed the transmission line cooler is leaking. The old radiator just had a stub connection where you connect the
cooler hoses but the new one has a flare fitting connected to the radiator ports and I suspect it wasn't tightened enough. I'm hoping I don't have to take it all the way out to tighten the connection. I can get to the one at the bottom but the one at the top isn't really accessible unless I at least tilt the top towards the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts