Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a 2005 Murano for a friend. Her cd player recently quit playing and ejecting cd's.

I had the radio out, and after putting it back in nothing is working. No radio, no a/c control, and no LCD screen.

I have checked what fuses I could find...inside drivers side under dash box, and both boxes under the hood. Is there a fuse box that I may be missing somewhere??? Or where exactly is the fuse to the radio & a/c controls located?

I'm afraid it may be something worse than a fuse....like maybe a circuit board or something.

Any help or tip will be appreciated....Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update....

Still can't find a blown fuse, but drove the Murano this morning. I noticed now the instrument gauges are not working, the fuel light and ABS, Brake lights are all stuck on.

I have to be missing a fuse somewhere...but I have went thru them 3 or 4 times.

Any help?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
breckcard-

The fuses are located in three areas (2 under the hood and 1 under the dash) and you checked them all. So it is safe to assume it is not a blown fuse.

The board on the back of the radio controls the display and HVAC controls. I suggest you retrace your steps and make sure all connections are properly seated.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I just got finished taking everything back apart and then reconnecting it. It is working now.

Out of curiosity, I am assuming that the instrument panel is tied into this as well?

My days of working on cars for friends may be numbered, these new advanced autos are making me want to find a new hobby.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
breckcard said:
Thanks for the reply. I just got finished taking everything back apart and then reconnecting it. It is working now.

Out of curiosity, I am assuming that the instrument panel is tied into this as well?

My days of working on cars for friends may be numbered, these new advanced autos are making me want to find a new hobby.
bc-

Yes, the instrument panel is controlled by the board that is attached to the radio assembly.

That is why it is such a pain in the @ss to swap in a different radio in the Murano. I liked it a lot better when radios were just... radios. :4:

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I know. My friends cd player is shot, and she has a hard time understanding why I cannot just go buy her an aftermarket radio to put in it. Really a frustrating design!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Now after putting everything back together, the A/C controls are not working.

The radio will play, but the A/C controls will do nothing. The only button that will light up is the Rear Defrost button, the rest do nothing. I unplugged everything and plugged them back in, checked fuses, unhooked battery...i'm at a loss.

And to top it off, the only way I can get it to shift is by pushing the shift lock button. I hear a click coming from under the dash, is that supposed to be there or not????

This wouldn't be so bad, if it was my Murano but I am working on this for a friend. It is driving me mad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nevermind, found another blown 10A fuse that I overlooked 3 or 4 times. Fixed the A/C and shifter problem.

Back to where I started, just a bad cd player...lol.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
breckcard-

I strongly suggest that you never again volunteer to work on your girlfriend's MO. :4: It's not worth the aggravation. :rolleyes: Buy her an iPod for her birthday and be done with it. :2:

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny thing is, its not even my girlfriend.

I have the reputation for being pretty good at installing stereo equipment for friends.....that may be ruined after this Murano...as well as my self esteem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ours recently went out due to the cd material flaking off a burned cd. at first just the cd wouldn't read...then after a few days the wife noticed some crackling sound in the speakers so she turned the radio off. that that everything would power back up but she couldn't get any sound.

i've contacted video stop guys and they were super fast in calling back and helping me diagnose over the phone. going to send the unit in tomorrow (taking it out tonight).

so with the stereo out, does this mean that the a/c and climate control won't work at all? for instance, if i set it at 70 at medium fan level, then remove the unit, will i still get any airflow? it worries me that it's summer and the radio will be gone for about 2 weeks and the wife won't get any air in the car.

thanks,

T

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Tahoe SC said:
so with the stereo out, does this mean that the a/c and climate control won't work at all?
Not only is the HVAC system inoperative, I also beleive the gauges will not work when the radio is removed.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Tahoe SC said:
as in the dash electronics?
The dash electronics recieves their signals from what Nissan calls the "Unified Meter and A/C Amp". This is located just under the radio (see attached diagram).

I have never removed my radio so I am unsure if this PCB module can be removed from the radio bracket and left with the MO while the radio is being serviced. Hopefully a more experienced member can shed some light on this.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
i just checked the service manual, it does show that this piece can separate from the stereo...

wow...it sure is warm outside...don't think the wife will make it through this if the air won't stay on when all this is removed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The white box (A/C Amp Box) can be separated. It just had the 3 plugs in the back, and maybe a screw on each side.

Don't worry, the radio is really pretty simple to remove...its a shame the rest of the audio system wasn't designed that easy.

My friend ended up having me order her just the new cd deck...didn't want to wait on having the other one repaired. Costing her a cool $635!

·
Registered
23 Posts
finally found time to remove the radio last night.

i set the climate control to 69 before unplugging everything and also kept the white amp box in the car so that my wife can get some ac as well her gauges. the SES light does stay on though.

now it's off to audio video service stop.

oh...forgot to mention...i found a dime in the cd deck...

probably what caused all of this to begin with.

it's great having an almost 2 year old! aside from the joys of it all, we also get the fits...and the destruction of goods!

T

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Tahoe SC said:
oh...forgot to mention...i found a dime in the cd deck...
Let the guys at Video Service Stop know about the dime. It may expedite the troubleshooting/repair process.

-njjoe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts