Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time follower and first time poster. I have a question about the power line to the radio antenna amp, where or what sends power to the amp? Is it 12 volts or less? I have replaced the original radio and still have terrible reception as before so I checked the antenna lead for continenuity and it appears the lead is broken between the mast and the cable connection on the pillar. The cable measured good from the pillar connection to the radio plug but I could not get any voltage reading for the lead to the amp. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Long time follower and first time poster. I have a question about the power line to the radio antenna amp, where or what sends power to the amp? Is it 12 volts or less? I have replaced the original radio and still have terrible reception as before so I checked the antenna lead for continenuity and it appears the lead is broken between the mast and the cable connection on the pillar. The cable measured good from the pillar connection to the radio plug but I could not get any voltage reading for the lead to the amp. Any help would be appreciated.
You never said the year of your car, but in the AV.pdf file of the service manual for the 2006 model (link below), it looks like the rod antennae is connected to the audio unit. See for example the wiring diagram on page 12 and the illustration on page 66. Is this what you were looking for?

https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Murano/2006/av.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You never said the year of your car, but in the AV.pdf file of the service manual for the 2006 model (link below), it looks like the rod antennae is connected to the audio unit. See for example the wiring diagram on page 12 and the illustration on page 66. Is this what you were looking for?

https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Murano/2006/av.pdf
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I did not state I have a 2006 with Nag no SAT. I have the same manual and looking at page 66 it shows M313 as a green wire but it does not connect to the radio, it is connected to a single connector going to a wiring harness running down along the console towards the back. I have not determined where it goes yet, still have to take more parts off. I have confirmed the top cable is bad but I wanted to understand what should be sending power to the antenna amp. so if I replace it with a used OEM one I know it is being powered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts