Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was coming into work this morning I was listening to the radio and plugged in my cell phone to charge it up. As soon as I did the radio started to have interference. I unplugged it and it went away. I then moved it to the charger in the console and the same thing happened. This happened on a station with weak coverage in the area and when I changed to a stronger station this problem did not occur.

I have noticed that reception is not as good when I first got the car. Could a loose antenna ground cause both the interference issue and the slightly degrading performance?

·
4,664 Posts
It could. It could also be that the power supply filtering the radio is not great and your charger is noisy as he77.

Put it on a weak station and plug your charger into a car next to your Murano. See if the noise is still there. If it is, you're broadcasting, if not, it may be linking through the power supply.

Also, try a battery operated radio inside the Murano on the same station. Noise is there, it's through RF, no noise, it's through power supply. :banghead:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could very well be the charger. I did not feel like paying Sanyo for the OEM so I bought the Belkin for $7 at WalMart. Guess you get what you pay for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts