Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to mute the radio of the Murano using the identified pin from Jaak's website with a hands free cell phone kit? I plan to buy the car kit for my Treo 600 when available and want to enable this functionallity when I install it.

·
4,601 Posts
It won't work...

While it's labelled as such, the internals on the radio are generic and the parts haven't been stuffed to enable the feature.

I think that sucks, as I'd love to have it work!

Yes, I've disassembled my Bose to check it out. I have detailed pictures of the internals, so if anyone want's to pursue it, let me know. It's not trivial, so if you're not educated in electronics, don't even bother attempting it.:eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess if you dont have Nav, then you could tap into the Nav Guidance wire and that would mute the radio enough for you to here the phone at least. You may even be able to wire the phone speaker output to it and have it work through the speakers. The voice guidance works whether the radio is on on not if enabled.

I wonder if you could just tap the voice wire if you have the nav and get this to work?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jaak. Just been looking over the diagrams that you let me download a while back. I bet that you could hook up a mobile phone kit to the voice guidance lines, which are connected, and would get virtually the same result. The radio would mostly mute, and the call would come through the speakers. I would almost bet that the ways the two circuits work is virtually identical and the Nav is expecting the same type of input as the phone circuit would if it were there. The only issue may be the ability to control the voice guidance volume as this is part of the nav system.

Now I just wonder since I have the nav, if I can connect two sources to the same input without damaging the sources or the input. I may have to look into a simple relay isolation circuit that would keep the voice on all the time except for when a phone speaker goes active.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should be able to use the Soundlinx NIS02TEL T-Harness

& NOK02TEL harness
with the Murano.

If you have a Motorola Car Kit, then just add the NOKIA - MOTOROLA ADAPTER LEAD MICRO MOLEX.

I installed my Motorola Car Kit for my T720 in my Pilot with no problems.

Here is the link!

Soundlinx link.

·
4,601 Posts
Using the Nav would be the most elegant way, however, the Nav talks through the bus to reqest the radio level be reduced, so it's not so simple to do.

As far as combining the signals, that could be done with a couple of resistors to buffer the effects of any impedance differences. You'd need to do that anyway, as the level out of the car kit is much higher than the Nav.

The aftermarket kit is another way... You could also just pick one channel and tap into it on the way back to the Bose amp, but it wouldn't mute it.

I'll have to ask about the company name, as I've forgotten it, but an associate of mine deals with a company that makes DSP in car kits that are so good you can have your sound system blasting away and not hear it on the other end. I found it hard to believe until I saw it. You could hear the music coming out of the vehicle, with the doors closed, yet not hear it on the phone.

I asked him why he was talking so loud. He said it was a natural reaction to being in the middle of all that music. He had to hear himself!

So for me, some combination of sound level reduction with no feedthrough to the phone, would be perfect.

I'm considering adding a bluetooth module to my car kit so it doesn't have to be in the cradle to work. Just to charge and use the external antenna.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts