Nissan Murano Forum banner

Radio presets biased toward AM?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr3Putt 
#1 ·
Ok, was reading the manual this morning, trying to program the radio. I swear this thing has more buttons than the space shuttle. :D Anyway, got the first 6 presets in, hit mode, got AM, hit mode again, got *more* AM. WTF? 6 for FM and 12 for AM?

I think it's supposed to be 6/6/6 for FM, AM and SAT, but I don't have SAT and wanted those extras for FM if possible. A search for radio presets didn't turn up a definitive answer, so anyone in the know, please advise.

Or do I need to stop worrying and learn to love the AM? ;)
Annnd getting 25 mpg, thank you very much.

#2 ·
PhoneMonkey-

Don't sweat it, you don't need to learn to love AM.

You can program any combination of AM, FM, and SAT stations to the 18 (3 x 6) available pre-sets. They can all be FM if you so choose.

-njjoe

#3 ·
njjoe said:
You can program any combination of AM, FM, and SAT stations to the 18 (3 x 6) available pre-sets. They can all be FM if you so choose.

-njjoe
My main concern is programming correctly. I don't want to program over my 1st set. So once the first set is done, how do I tell the radio this is a new set of FM? Hit mode again until I'm back into FM?

I appreciate your help with this.

#4 ·
PhoneMonkey said:

My main concern is programming correctly. I don't want to program over my 1st set. So once the first set is done, how do I tell the radio this is a new set of FM? Hit mode again until I'm back into FM?

I appreciate your help with this.
Check your A,B,C's The first set of 6 should be A's, the second B's, the last set C's.

In my MO, I have the A's, My Wife gets the B's and the Kids get the C's.... <your mileage may vary>

#6 ·
It's really quite simple. AM/FM/Sat/Whatever is COMPLETELY INDEPENDANT of group A/B/C. So switch to the group you want to program, then select the station you want (on any band) and then set the preset button.

I have group A and half of Group B set to XM, then the remainder of B set to AM and all of C set to FM. More stations than I really want, but I have to use all the buttons, right? ;)

#9 ·
Ah so...

Ok, thanks to all who responded, even you threadjackers out there... ;)

For future reference here's what to do:

1. After programming your "A" set of stations, press "MODE." This will launch your "B" set *and* push you into AM.

2. Press the "RADIO" key and woohoo! You're back in FM land. Program like normal.

3. Press "MODE" again to launch your "C" set, and repeat step 2 to get back to FM. Enjoy 18 stations of FM goodness. :D

#10 ·
Gonzo said:

You mean you let your wife drive the MO?
For the AWD, she likes to take it in crappy weather. :eek: Not often, but occasionally. Given her choice, she'd rather stay out of the snow entirely.

Suppose in my entire marriage my Wife and I have traveled together 500,000 miles. Of that number, I have ridden shotgun with her about 30. I don't think ever in the MO.

Come to think of it though, the MO is titled in her name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.