Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've only had the Murano for less than a week but have not noticed any poor reception.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Homer:

yes it's a common problem, but of course the dealers don't know that..

I took my MO in last week to get the usual lube,oil and filter.. and told them I had problems, and told them there WAS a TSB on it..

you think they fixed it. . NOPE.. the morons (mechanic) says there was no TSB.. I gave the desk guy crap , and told him I wasn't going to leave the desk until he pulled up the TSB CD and looked at it.. it took me thirty seconds to point out the TSB on the CD..

Great Vehicle.. Crap service..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've noticed the reception seems to be somewhat less as good as with other vehicles. I haven't reported it to the dealer, as I don't think it's bad enough to qualify as "poor reception both AM/FM".

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
As I have become more accustomed to the Japanese car life, I tend to now take the TSBs with me.
We have two dealerships down here (SW FL) and neithercan "find" the TSBs.
I don't know whatto do aboutthefact they can't perform them satisfactorily (They did the Loose bolts on the Steering rack and didn't read the last line of the TSB which states that you need to make sure the steering wheel is straight.)

PCS - "common" doesn't mean "all".

klay - you probably don't have the problem. The short fractional wave antenna on the Murano is never going to compare with the normal AM/FM antenna on other cars.
Generally speaking, if you have the problem, itis not described as being not as good as other cars, it is described as being pathetic.

In any even my statement of the problem being common and having a TSB is redundant.

Homer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sat Radio

Sounds like solution to radio reception in rural areas is XM or Sirus radio ----- who has a preference ?

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy !

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
If someone wanted to bother, it would be possible to construct a helically wound antenna that would look similar to the OEM one, but would actually resonate in the FM band.

Living in the City, it's not been a concern for me, but I agree, the antenna could be better.

·
4,664 Posts
If someone wanted to bother, it would be possible to construct a helically wound antenna that would look similar to the OEM one, but would actually resonate in the FM band.

Between living in the City and XM, it's not been a concern for me, but I agree, the antenna could be better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts