Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Nissan Murano 600 Miles on it. My radio reception is horrible, I am about to bring it to the dealer for a check up. Can anyone help me with some information about this problem.
Is thare anyone else with this problem? Did they fix it? Love my Mo hate not having a radio.. Should have gotten XM..If they can't fix it I will have to put it in..

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a fix available to help repair a grounding problem, but if your car is new, it probably doesn't have this problem. The low-profile antenna is just kind of sucky, and that's that.

FYI: I put a XM Roady in my Murano, from scratch, in under an hour. It's easy.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Ask your dealer about the antenna TSB. This issue was common in early build Muranos.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frobozz said:
FYI: I put a XM Roady in my Murano, from scratch, in under an hour. It's easy. [/B]

Thanks for getting back to me.. Where did you get XM from? and how much was it?
And i will ask about that TSB from my service person..

·
Registered
357 Posts
The TSB supposedly relates to vehicles built before April (9th) 2003.
It might be worth a try. Mine was built Dec '02 and the TSB greatly improved my FM reception.
Check www.nissanhelp.com for more details on this and other TSBs.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
It fixed mine. And mine was built June of 03.

Homer

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dealer wants to replace radio

Took my 2004 (purchased Oct 31, 2003) to have the reception checked and informed them of the TSB. They said it did not apply to my MO but would do the service anyway. It did not seem to help. They said the radio needs to be replaced. The reception is bad only on a few satations and is something that I can live with but based on other MO responses, I do not think this will solve the problem. I really do not want them going into the dash as I have no "dash noise" problems that others have described.

Do you think a replacement radioo will fix the bad reception? (I have the bose 6 changer indash)

PS I have a pioneer radio in my 97 toyota camry, and reception on the same stations in the same location are great.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Dealer wants to replace radio

bigt500 said:
Took my 2004 (purchased Oct 31, 2003) to have the reception checked and informed them of the TSB. They said it did not apply to my MO but would do the service anyway. It did not seem to help. They said the radio needs to be replaced. The reception is bad only on a few satations and is something that I can live with but based on other MO responses, I do not think this will solve the problem. I really do not want them going into the dash as I have no "dash noise" problems that others have described.

Do you think a replacement radioo will fix the bad reception? (I have the bose 6 changer indash)

PS I have a pioneer radio in my 97 toyota camry, and reception on the same stations in the same location are great.
If the dealer is willing to replace the radio, I would let them do it. It is so rare for the dealer to actually recommend warranty service, it might never happen again! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts