Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get horendous radio reception. I love the Mo in power, compfort and just about every other characteristic, but the Radio reception is the worst I have ever had.

·
I know, I know, pull over
72 Posts
I had the same problem. Did some searching around the forum and found there is a TSB on the problem. Took it back to the dealership and they fixed it free of charge. Something to do with tightening the antenna bolt.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
DO a search, its something you can do yourself in about 5 minutes. I don't recall which year models it affected but it was fixed at somepoint.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The strangest thing

My radio reception is usually not great. Just now, I pulled into the parking lot and left the car and the radio on as I opened the front driver-side door. The reception got a lot better!!! I close the door - and I hear all the static again. I repeated several times - works evety time. Not with the passenger door, only driver side door. Reception also improves when I lean forward in my seat, but not as dramatically as when I open the driver-side front door.

Anyone have any ideas?:)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: The strangest thing

Spin_Echo said:
My radio reception is usually not great. Just now, I pulled into the parking lot and left the car and the radio on as I opened the front driver-side door. The reception got a lot better!!! I close the door - and I hear all the static again. I repeated several times - works evety time. Not with the passenger door, only driver side door. Reception also improves when I lean forward in my seat, but not as dramatically as when I open the driver-side front door.

Anyone have any ideas?:)
Weired! I am going to try that...:confused:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Do you have a DVD player? If so, turn it off. It uses an FM transmitter that really affects radio reception (particularly AM.)

When I got my MO, I thought the radio reception was far worse than I remembered it being in my 2003 SE AWD. That night when I was laying in the hotel bed (my wife and I flew up to Petaluma to get the MO), I realized that the DVD player may have been on. Sure enough... turned off the DVD player and my reception was great. Only problem is one AM station in SoCal (KFWB - News 980), but all other stations are fine.

Bob

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nope, no DVD player. Only what's in my signature. While playing around today, found that tilting the antenna all the way forward improves reception for some stations...

My 6 dollar alarm clock has better radio reception. I will bring it up at the next service for sure.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Also, some cell phone cigarette-lighter chargers can cause a LOT of interference.

But even without that, the FM reception in the MO kinda stinks. I haven't had my bolts tightened, but...

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2004 SL AWD with navigation gets decent FM reception. I'm one of those guys that likes to listen to news and talk and that's AM. My AM reception was always terrible. I just added a remote starter and now I get an electronic tic-tic-tic. Took it back to the installer twice. He pulled the unit and I still get the tic-tic-tic-tic on AM. Yes, I had the Nissan dealer tighten the antenna bolt.....no difference. I don't want to eliminate my remote starter....nice in winter, but I sure would like decent AM reception.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts