Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, just want to share my experience with you guys.

2015 Platinum version here with a flickering screen and out of warranty. Radio was acting weird, screen not always responsive, flickering once a while, changing radio station or dialing by itself every now and then... !!

Asked local Nissan dealer (Albi Nissan) to look into it but was out of warranty and they didn't really to try to find a win-win solution as it had 4 years but only 25K on it. They proposed to fix the radio for ... OMG they wanted 4500$ !!!!!!!!!! and that was for a 2015 replacement, not even to an upgraded version !!!!

Then, I went thru most posts on this forum about radio upgrades and found very useful information !

To make a long story short, bought one from eBay and today I've upgraded successfully my 2015 to a 2018 OEM radio with CarPlay for about 500$ !!
All OEM functionalities are 100% operational including 360 Cameras, SXM radio, CarPlay with apps such as Waze, etc. It even shows the Apple Music app current songs or changes in the cluster area !!

To sum it all : Went from the 2015 radio part #25915-5AG1C to a 2018 part #25915-9UE1C and it was a perfect fit for my Nav/Bose/360 Camera version - Did it myself, took about an hour to do (taking time to take pictures !) - very easy to do - thanks YouTube for console removal videos !

Honest seller from eBay in Philadelphia, USA provided the radio in a pristine condition with the matching 2018 NAV SD Card (!!) and shipped in bubble wrap protection to my home in Montreal, Canada within 8 days including clearing Canadian customs.

VERY happy with the final result which fix the radio issue described earlier and added CarPlay to my wife's 2015 Murano :)

Attached are pictures of : radio #part from original 2015 removed, the new one, the on-going install and the final result !!
(FYI, interface you see in images is in French as I am a French Canadian native but the device is multilingual (English, French and Spanish)

Regards

EFB5CA10-1075-40CE-A997-0FD766009588_1_201_a.jpeg 899ECBA9-9FA2-4B7B-9CF9-A08B6186C56F_1_201_a.jpeg F374FA22-CF5F-47AA-9ADE-2FEDE1BF41D4.jpeg 3B71BCB3-5E0B-424F-B1D1-CB66A6ADBE9A_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the update. Does Android Auto work?
The option is certainly there and available but can't check for now, family is all on Apple devices here.
When I'll be with someone with an Android device, I'll try and share...
See picture (FYI, interface you see in images is in French as I am a French Canadian native but the device is multilingual (English, French and Spanish)

IMG_3743_resultat 22.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
The option is certainly there and available but can't check for now, family is all on Apple devices here.
When I'll be with someone with an Android device, I'll try and share...
See picture (FYI, interface you see in images in French as I am a French Canadian native but the device is multilingual (English, French and Spanish)

View attachment 51272
Excellent. Thank you.

I'm considering doing this, but I've heard that Android Auto has some issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@slypx Did they have an other decks available? I've been searching for a bit now too online and havent been successful. I'm also in Canada, Toronto. Trying scrap yards too, not much luck for 2018.. but have seen a few 2017s. I only use Android, apart from my work phone which is Apple so def want this mod in my 2016 Plat too!
Thanks,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@slypx Did they have an other decks available? I've been searching for a bit now too online and havent been successful. I'm also in Canada, Toronto. Trying scrap yards too, not much luck for 2018.. but have seen a few 2017s. I only use Android, apart from my work phone which is Apple so def want this mod in my 2016 Plat too!
Thanks,
Seems to have another one ... Might want to reach out to them
✅ NISSAN MURANO CD Navigation GPS Display Radio Receiver 25915-9UE1C OEM 2018 | eBay

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks,
I just purchased one, Model # 25915-9UE1C for $195.00 and $25.00 shipping to NW CT.

Carpart.com has one left for the same price. Item # 71226. You can call (615) 896-7700 with the item #. Link to pics:

I would hurry. Be ready to jump thru a few hoops, a fax will make the sale go a little easier.

Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I just purchased one, Model # 25915-9UE1C for $195.00 and $25.00 shipping to NW CT.

Carpart.com has one left for the same price. Item # 71226. You can call (615) 896-7700 with the item #. Link to pics:

I would hurry. Be ready to jump thru a few hoops, a fax will make the sale go a little easier.

Have a good day.
Does anyone know how to swap out the front bezel and screen ?

·
Registered
14 Posts

Have a good day.
Can you send me the link? I checked the URL, no luck

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
Can you send me the link? I checked the URL, no luck

Thanks
Car-part.com is the correct web address. You can call and just ask if stock part # 71226 is still in stock.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m confused by all the different radio codes. I have a 2016 SV with Bose and want the 2017.5 Bose with CarPlay. Which one should I be searching for on eBay that would be plug and play and get full car play and Bose functionality.

Thanks and sorry if this has already been covered - newbie here

·
Registered
851 Posts
I’m confused by all the different radio codes. I have a 2016 SV with Bose and want the 2017.5 Bose with CarPlay. Which one should I be searching for on eBay that would be plug and play and get full car play and Bose functionality.

Take a look at this. I just upgraded to the 2018 for Android Auto and was sent a non-Bose radio. Only difference is the amp board. Radio was beat so I just swapped the logic board.

If you're handy with a screwdriver, you can take this one and just swap out the logic board. You'll get Apple Carplay and version 11 maps and keep Bose compatibility.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

It can be confusing for sure. There is a different number per model year. Even in 2017 there is one for "pre-CarPlay" era and other one afterward. Avoid 2019 model as I read it was not a Clarion Radio and could have a different connector scheme in the back. Yes these are Clarion's, not Bose, they have a Bose amp and Bose speakers but they are Clarion Radios as seen in the image attached

I went with the model # 25915-9UE1C as posted before and it was a perfect plug'n play solution for my 2015 Platinum with Bose/Nav/360 cameras. The radio is from a 2018 with the same functionalities (Bose/Nav/360 Cameras) and same connectors. You need the version with all these connectors (see pictures below)

Suggestion : please go thru this thread, there are other infos and model description and number. Mine was a sure hit and not sure if a SV version has Bose/Nav/360 cameras and would fit

IMG_3725_resultat 22.jpg C6B2835E-7612-4E1E-B1E3-D36800150EDC.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you. Yes I have an SV and do not have 360 cameras. So I’m looking for a radio that does not have this functionality, but does have Bose connector and Car Play. Nissan makes this a puzzle. Lol

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thank you. Yes I have an SV and do not have 360 cameras. So I’m looking for a radio that does not have this functionality, but does have Bose connector and Car Play. Nissan makes this a puzzle. Lol
All the radios support 360. You have to go to the secret menu and set it for no camera, rear camera or AVM view. After being unplugged for more then a week, this setting defaults to rear camera and needs to be set if you have no camera or 360.

Have a good day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts