Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, just want to share my experience with you guys.

2015 Platinum version here with a flickering screen and out of warranty. Radio was acting weird, screen not always responsive, flickering once a while, changing radio station or dialing by itself every now and then... !!

Asked local Nissan dealer (Albi Nissan) to look into it but was out of warranty and they didn't really to try to find a win-win solution as it had 4 years but only 25K on it. They proposed to fix the radio for ... OMG they wanted 4500$ !!!!!!!!!! and that was for a 2015 replacement, not even to an upgraded version !!!!

Then, I went thru most posts on this forum about radio upgrades and found very useful information !

To make a long story short, bought one from eBay and today I've upgraded successfully my 2015 to a 2018 OEM radio with CarPlay for about 500$ !!
All OEM functionalities are 100% operational including 360 Cameras, SXM radio, CarPlay with apps such as Waze, etc. It even shows the Apple Music app current songs or changes in the cluster area !!

To sum it all : Went from the 2015 radio part #25915-5AG1C to a 2018 part #25915-9UE1C and it was a perfect fit for my Nav/Bose/360 Camera version - Did it myself, took about an hour to do (taking time to take pictures !) - very easy to do - thanks YouTube for console removal videos !

Honest seller from eBay in Philadelphia, USA provided the radio in a pristine condition with the matching 2018 NAV SD Card (!!) and shipped in bubble wrap protection to my home in Montreal, Canada within 8 days including clearing Canadian customs.

VERY happy with the final result which fix the radio issue described earlier and added CarPlay to my wife's 2015 Murano :)

Attached are pictures of : radio #part from original 2015 removed, the new one, the on-going install and the final result !!
(FYI, interface you see in images is in French as I am a French Canadian native but the device is multilingual (English, French and Spanish)

Regards

View attachment 51269 View attachment 51267 View attachment 51270 View attachment 51271
Any chance you have the eBay seller that you bought this unit from

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm going to purchase 2017 NISSAN MURANO Radio AM-FM-stereo Single Disc CD 259159UA0C OEM | eBay and give it a try.

These support SirusXM and basically if you had it in the car and it worked before it should work.

Are the SD cards tied to the radio or can I get a SD card if this doesnt come with one?
From my understnading it is link to the radio. The one I bought from eBay had his own and works fine. Just for the fun of it as it is and older map on the SD card, tried to insert my original but didn't work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any chance you have the eBay seller that you bought this unit from
I'm having a difficult time finding a video of how to take the radio out. Any chance you have that link. I may swap out the radio in my newly purchased 2017.5 with my 2016 radio without apple play.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm having a difficult time finding a video of how to take the radio out. Any chance you have that link. I may swap out the radio in my newly purchased 2017.5 with my 2016 radio without apple play.
Here's what I have use... don‘t bother about the portion about installing an Android Auto module, just look at the portion of dash removal. When I swapped mine, it about 20-30 mins in total

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone! I came across this list of all the radio and SD Card numbers. I hope this helps.

- https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10134846-9999.pdf

I have a 2016 Murano S and purchased a 2018 radio with Bose 2 days ago (I don't have Bose in my S model) but it didn't come with a SD Card unfortunately...... If anyone is interested in purchasing it let me know. I included the model I have. The unit powers up as I have not taken it back out of my car yet. I will be putting my old unit back in the weekend. It was real easy to take it out as it was my first time doing any work on my car on my own. I feel very accomplished as I say so myself!

I will be on the hunt for a new unit now that I have the list above! Wish me luck!

IMG_0675.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone! I came across this list of all the radio and SD Card numbers. I hope this helps.

- https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10134846-9999.pdf

I have a 2016 Murano S and purchased a 2018 radio with Bose 2 days ago (I don't have Bose in my S model) but it didn't come with a SD Card unfortunately...... If anyone is interested in purchasing it let me know. I included the model I have. The unit powers up as I have not taken it back out of my car yet. I will be putting my old unit back in the weekend. It was real easy to take it out as it was my first time doing any work on my car on my own. I feel very accomplished as I say so myself!

I will be on the hunt for a new unit now that I have the list above! Wish me luck!

View attachment 51481
How much?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, just want to share my experience with you guys.

2015 Platinum version here with a flickering screen and out of warranty. Radio was acting weird, screen not always responsive, flickering once a while, changing radio station or dialing by itself every now and then... !!

Asked local Nissan dealer (Albi Nissan) to look into it but was out of warranty and they didn't really to try to find a win-win solution as it had 4 years but only 25K on it. They proposed to fix the radio for ... OMG they wanted 4500$ !!!!!!!!!! and that was for a 2015 replacement, not even to an upgraded version !!!!

Then, I went thru most posts on this forum about radio upgrades and found very useful information !

To make a long story short, bought one from eBay and today I've upgraded successfully my 2015 to a 2018 OEM radio with CarPlay for about 500$ !!
All OEM functionalities are 100% operational including 360 Cameras, SXM radio, CarPlay with apps such as Waze, etc. It even shows the Apple Music app current songs or changes in the cluster area !!

To sum it all : Went from the 2015 radio part #25915-5AG1C to a 2018 part #25915-9UE1C and it was a perfect fit for my Nav/Bose/360 Camera version - Did it myself, took about an hour to do (taking time to take pictures !) - very easy to do - thanks YouTube for console removal videos !

Honest seller from eBay in Philadelphia, USA provided the radio in a pristine condition with the matching 2018 NAV SD Card (!!) and shipped in bubble wrap protection to my home in Montreal, Canada within 8 days including clearing Canadian customs.

VERY happy with the final result which fix the radio issue described earlier and added CarPlay to my wife's 2015 Murano :)

Attached are pictures of : radio #part from original 2015 removed, the new one, the on-going install and the final result !!
(FYI, interface you see in images is in French as I am a French Canadian native but the device is multilingual (English, French and Spanish)

Regards

View attachment 51269 View attachment 51267 View attachment 51270 View attachment 51271
I found a unit on Ebay that has Apple Play BUT when I install it the cameras don't work. I found another blog that said to turn the car off then on. I did that and the backup camera works ONCE then the screen is blank. Also when I click the camera button nothing happens. Do I need to reset something or do perhaps I have a defective unit. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Camera needs to be reset thru the secret menu. With radio off, hold menu button and spin volume control back and forth several times until menu pops up. Search for the camera settings.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are the "friggin " man. The secret menu menu worked like a charm.
These are the steps I used after the menu came up. From that menu select “confirmation/adjustment”. Then select “camera”. Then select “Camera Syst Type”. Then select “AVM”

Then back out until the unit resets. And it’s fixed.

Can't thank you enough. The Ebay seller said the unit was new and it certainly looked brand new

cheers

don

21 - 31 of 31 Posts