Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I drove home from Easter with the family and the radio was fine. Several hours later I got in to head somewhere and the radio was off. It wouldn't turn back on. I pressed the power knob on the console as well as the button on the steering wheel. Everything else on the console works fine. is there a fuse specifically for the radio that could've blown?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mordel-

Did anything related to the radio's operation show up on the display?

The fuses depend on the system you have. Do you have the base or BOSE system?

-njjoe

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
njjoe said:
mordel-

Did anything related to the radio's operation show up on the display?

The fuses depend on the system you have. Do you have the base or BOSE system?

-njjoe
Nothing showed up with regards to the radio. Everything else related to the console worked, and the lights around the nobs and inside the casette deck were lit.

I have the BOSE system.

It's a 2003, in case it matters.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
There are two things to look for. First, check the fuses. Fuse #38 is located in the fuse block under the hood. It is 15 amps. The other fuse, #6, is a 10 amp fuse located in the junction box near the parking brake.

If the fuses are OK, then do a switch self-diagnostic check as outlined below.

If it is not the fuses and the self-diagnostic check turns up nothing, then you may have to bring it in to the dealer unless the more experienced members can shed some light. I don't have a Bose system in my MO so I am working off the Service Manual.

Good luck.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look at the fuses first and see if they are ok. Where did you get the fuse # information? Is that in the service manual somewhere?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Yes, the information on the fuses was found in the Service Manual, under the AV (radio) and Electrical sections.

-njjoe

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately I don't have the Service Manual. I took the cover off for the passenger compartment to check that fuse since I figured it would be easy to do. Of course, there are no number markings that I could see and I didn't want to start pulling them out randomly.

Could you tell me which one is Fuse #6? (Left or Right column and how many down?) I assume it may be the same situation under the hood, but I haven't looked yet.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mordel said:
Unfortunately I don't have the Service Manual. I took the cover off for the passenger compartment to check that fuse since I figured it would be easy to do. Of course, there are no number markings that I could see and I didn't want to start pulling them out randomly.

Could you tell me which one is Fuse #6? (Left or Right column and how many down?) I assume it may be the same situation under the hood, but I haven't looked yet.
I assumed the numbers were embossed on the underside of the covers.

Check out the diagrams below.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mordel said:

This is the fuse block under the hood.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I pulled out Fuse #6 in the passenger compartment (even though it was labeled mirror on the sticker on the backside of the cover) and it looked ok. Put it in and started the car again, still no radio.

Went under the hood and pulled out the one you had indicated on the diagram. That was ok as well. Put it back and closed the lid. Started the car just for kicks and the radio works again! That's kind of weird. If the fuses were all ok, why would the radio start working again? Is there a possibility that the fuse in the engine compartment was loose or somehow the contacts were dirty? Just curious why it would start working again after taking it out and putting it back in again.

Either way, I'm glad it's working because I have to drive to Princeton NJ tomorrow from MA, and that would be a long 4 1/2 drive with no radio or CD.

Thanks a ton for your help!!!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Awesome. Sounds like you reset one of the contacts and now its good to go again. At least you know what to do next time this happens and it saved you a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mordel-

I am glad it worked out because I was running out of suggestions. :D

Enjoy your ride tomorrow. At least you won't have to suffer in silence while driving I-95.

-njjoe

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eric L. said:
Awesome. Sounds like you reset one of the contacts and now its good to go again. At least you know what to do next time this happens and it saved you a trip to the dealer.
I've learned to stay off 95 at all costs. I plan on taking a different route down. I cut over to the Tappnzee and then take the Garden State Parkway down. Coming down 95 and over the GW is nothing but headaches.

The distance is longer, but it's always quicker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts