Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have heavy rain with some really deep puddles in the DC area today. I could hardly notice any buffeting as I took on the deepest puddles and major spray. Love it!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yep having never driven an SUV before, I was surprised when I drove through a deep puddle at pretty high speed, and didn't even feel it. I only knew the puddle was there because the Camry in front of me looked like it was going to go under and submerge when it hit the puddle. I didn't even hear the noise of the splashing water! The Murano has turned out to be an amazing all weather vehicle so far.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Shout out to Fairfax (I used to live in Woodbridge)

Anyways, we had some pretty darn heavy rains down here in DFW and I loved how well the Murano handled.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's strange that you say you don't feel it.

It was raining pretty hard where I live today and I had to drive the MO back and forth to the gym at one of the worst points. If one of the wheels hits a puddle that's too deep I can definitely feel that wheel pull but then the MO snaps itself back by instantly kicking on the AWD. I've never felt like I was going to lose control but I can definitely feel the wheel pull.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Rained like mad here yesterday. The MO stayed in the garage! I wheeled around in the old Camry. Sunshine is prevalent this morning and I got the only clean car on the road!:2:

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
i feel the buffeting here too. But it is fun as hell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
living in florida i'm no stranger to driving in the rain. what has surprised me though is my murano seems to hydroplane very easily. i noticed it today going only 50 mph but usually i've noticed it around 60 mph. i've driven a lot of cars in the rain here and i find it very frightening that a 2 ton vehicle can hydroplane so easily.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
liquidiq said:
living in florida i'm no stranger to driving in the rain. what has surprised me though is my murano seems to hydroplane very easily. i noticed it today going only 50 mph but usually i've noticed it around 60 mph. i've driven a lot of cars in the rain here and i find it very frightening that a 2 ton vehicle can hydroplane so easily.
It has more to do with the lousy Goodyear's than the Murano itself. Once more tires applications are available for the Murano, things should get better.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree. Consumer reports rated a bunch of performance tires and the Goodyear LS was far down the list. It did get a good score on hydroplaning resistance, but scored only Ok on dry braking. I can't wait to see how my MO will perform with better tires and maybe a suspension upgrade.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
it is hard to find tires for Murano....

size wise, ofset wise rite?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: it is hard to find tires for Murano....

SugarRushMurano said:
size wise, ofset wise rite?
No, just size wise. There is only one tire in size 235/65/18, and thats the LS's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've driven "SUVs" all my life (IH Scout, '76 Jeep Cherokee, 90 and 95 Pathfinders) and all bounce around in big puddles at speed. And anything will hydroplane. Current F150 SuperCrew 4x4 will float with the best of them. I do suspect the most important factor is the tires.

George

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tires: couldn't agree more. FL is tropical and the rains can be hellacious at times and they are quite unpredictable. I used Potenza's(a hydro or aqua type style) on my Jetta and never had any negative effects in even the heaviest rains at posted speed limits(most people slow 10-20MPH) or higher. It gets me when I see a BMW or something else in or near this class with a stock aqua tread tire. I'm comfortable with the AWD and TCS as an edge but the tires would be gone by now if this wasn't leased, I like sticking to the road. No comfort zone there and it's a shame on something this advanced...and expensive...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts