Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, those plastic poles they put on the white stripes to remind you kinda forcefully not to cross it.
I had gone a way I had never been to pick someone up. A long line of semi trucks were in the right most of the double left turning lanes off the freeway. I was making hand signals at the wimps poking along in the left lane (I know, they probably never see me signaling them--just a mind appeaser I think) and they finally started to pass the semi's when my right turn was comming up. I jumped in between two of them and started my right merge into the lane I needed to be in. As I came out from behind the semi, to my horror I began mowing down plastic tubes. I snatched it back into the lane but heard the sickening bump of a couple off my doors.
GRRRRRRRRR!

Now I don't know if you guys know this, but I pride myself with having a Mo with ZERO dings on the doors. So this was a bit more than just grrrr. It was more like SHHHHHHHH......IIIIT!
:3:

I got home and looked at the damage.

Big nasty looking black scrapes on the bumper and several 8-10 inch long rubs on both doors.

Got out the trusty Scratch Out and a microfiber towel. In less than 2 minutes, there was absolutely no evidence anything had touched the car.

:D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
[edit by Enforcer]
Is that the Kit product, scratch out?

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**Deleted**
(I need to trade no ugliness with no one)

Yes it was Kit Scratch Out I've mentioned a bazillion times.

·
4,601 Posts
Wow, that really sucks... It's a heck of a lot of work keeping a vehicle in excellent shape. I'd freak if that happened to me, and feel like absolute crap.

I think it's amazing you managed to clean it up! If I was there, I'd come over with some beer to celebrate it!

When I dented the hood on my Murano, I walked around in a bummed out funk for two days straight. I feel for ya bro!

So far, I've hit a shovel and a raccoon with my present ride, and it's only 7 months old. I've been lucky, neither caused major damage. Well to the car. Can't say that about the raccoon, the poor guy.

Homer, personal opinion here, but I think you're being a bit harsh. Pride in your vehicle and hard work to keep it there, really makes it hurt when something happens to it. Yeah, we all know it's just a car (look in the accident thread) but still, to see hard work and diligence get whacked, still stings because it's an investment of your time.

I try to keep stone chips in perspective. But they still hurt!:3:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jaak-

I can understand the raccoon. They are not the smartest nor quickest animals to cross a road, so I can understand one disrespecting the HEMI and "darting" out in front of the red menace. But a shovel? A wooden-handled, metal-bladed, dirt-digging shovel? Did it also dart out in front of you? Did it brake suddenly? Did it sneak up on you? How the hell did you hit a shovel?!

BTW- Am I correct to assume you now are also the leading poster at the Dodge Magnum forum?

BTW (II)- Is that your tire-smoking Magnum in your avatar?

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, I picked up some Scratch Out today and am sorry I didn't take some pix.
Had an irregular scratch on the door and darned if it didn't take it out. It wasn't bad, but you could see it and feel it. It obviously was through the Clear coat.
I could show you the after pix,,,,,but :rolleyes:

I guess I just didn't think it would work.
No hard rubbing either......
They must have a paint softener in it...

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's good sheet!
:2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
jaak said:
Wow, that really sucks... It's a heck of a lot of work keeping a vehicle in excellent shape.
My Mo is only a few months old and I treat it like my third child. I guess my second child (just turned 2) did not like that... last week he threw a tantrum outside, lowered his head like a bull, and charged. Proceeded to leave a silver dollar sized dent in the side of the Mo.

Of course, his head was hard enough as to take no damage, a trait he inherited from both his parents!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
bkburns said:
My Mo is only a few months old and I treat it like my third child.
I am glad your son did not get hurt.....

For me, the MO was my second child until she grew up.....now she is slowly becoming a relative....:D

·
5,244 Posts
zebelkhan said:
For me, the MO was my second child until she grew up.....now she is slowly becoming a relative....:D
Who is she?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Fellas, we forgot the **BIG** queston about runing over such an item.... did the CVT and fuel schield survive or did they take out the markers? :2:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no idea how many I actually hit.....

But 2 gave their life, I felt the front right tire run over their mounts. The next day they lay flattened. This is why I hit them. It seems others have taken out a stretch of about 25 feet of them. I saw them end, scooted right, and there the other bastids stood. Hit the first one right at the opening of the lower grill. I reacted extremely quick and heard the other two bounce off my door.
So, the score was:
2 on bumper, I turned so quickly that the right front tire got them. The second impact was where the bumper slopes inward towards the driving light--a foot from the first impact, so I was rapidly turning left.
2 more on the doors, one went down both doors, the other hit the plastic rock shield on the rear door, my rocker bars must have been making it lean until I got off it.

I haven't looked at the underside, but I'm sure I will notice nothing.

When I had my crewcab dually with full length running boards, I used to take out barrels, on purpose.
LOL
:2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts