Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Bordeaux really a rare colour? I have only seen two on the road and the dealerships always make such a big deal about how rare they are. We got that colour and love it. I haven't seen any pics or mention of it on this site.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Funny...my dealer is making a big deal on the artic silver...

and mark up the price a bit more then other color because they know that is the color i want.
In the end, i buy the black color not wanting to pay extra $600 for the silver.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I wonder how much different Merlot is from Beaudrot?

Grip :D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, it looks redder everywhere I have seen it.

Bordeaux always looked Brown- ish to me.

Merlot looks a lot closer to what everybody else calls Burgundy.
Think Texas A&M.

Go Aggies!!!!

(Both my daughter and my money went to A&M)

If they had had this color when I bought my Murano it would have been the one. My previous car was an Aggie Burgundy.

Looks GGGRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTT with about 5 coats of Zaino!!!!

Homer

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Patrickem,

I'm probably the loudest-mouthed Bordeaux owner here, and I wouldn't have it any other way ;) I built a Bordeaux/Latte SL on the website with all the options, did a search and found it at the dealership that my family has used for years. I had no idea how rare it was until time went by and I wasn't seeing any.

In 18 months, I still believe I've seen less than 10. You say you haven't seen anything about Bordeaux on this site, but check out my cross country trip from earlier this year (and yes, I'm sure the old timers are getting sick of me referring to it by now ;) )

My trip.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EasternPA said:
Patrickem,

I'm probably the loudest-mouthed Bordeaux owner here, and I wouldn't have it any other way ;) I built a Bordeaux/Latte SL on the website with all the options, did a search and found it at the dealership that my family has used for years. I had no idea how rare it was until time went by and I wasn't seeing any.

In 18 months, I still believe I've seen less than 10. You say you haven't seen anything about Bordeaux on this site, but check out my cross country trip from earlier this year (and yes, I'm sure the old timers are getting sick of me referring to it by now ;) )

My trip.
I checked your trip, great pics and beautiful Mo. Ours is an SE and only the FWD without Nav, but everything else. I love the colour, and it is definately not brown like some people say. We are flying to Atlanta for thanksgiving but since we got the new Murano I wish we were driving.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Bordeaux was the colour I wanted, but I was in a hurry, so I took blue. I've seen far fewer Bordeaux than any other colour (probably also less than 10).

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
patrickem said:

I checked your trip, great pics and beautiful Mo. [..] We are flying to Atlanta for thanksgiving but since we got the new Murano I wish we were driving.
Thanks, Patrick, it really is a great color, and was a really fun trip. What interior color did you end up with? The first time I saw another Bordeaux was a week after I bought mine - he lined up behind me at a car wash. Turned out he wanted the one I bought, but showed up a few days too late. He wanted my Bordeaux/Latte/Nav but ended up with Bordeaux/Cabernet/No Nav. I was trading a fully-paid Xterra with 32k miles, and was dead-set on Bordeaux/Latte/Nav. Hrm, not sure I would've made a deal if it wasn't in stock.

BTW, halfway through the trip when I took the picture fresh out of the car wash, it was at the Hampton Inn Sun City/Peoria/Glendale.

·
4,601 Posts
I know someone who got it with the Cabernet and they got a deal on it, because it was claimed no one wanted it.

I think it looks great!!!! It's an interesting colour as it really changes with the light.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
patrickem said:
Got the Latte interior but wanted the Cabernet.
Have you seen the Bordeaux/Cabernet combination in person? I was overloaded with too much wine color throughout when I looked in that guy's car. While the latte does show dirt more easily, the bright color will keep the heat down in the summer. In the peak of summer, I roll the windows down while I'm walking up to the car and its almost bearable after just a minute or two. I can't imagine how hot it must get for the folks with the dark interior.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EasternPA said:

Have you seen the Bordeaux/Cabernet combination in person? I was overloaded with too much wine color throughout when I looked in that guy's car. While the latte does show dirt more easily, the bright color will keep the heat down in the summer. In the peak of summer, I roll the windows down while I'm walking up to the car and its almost bearable after just a minute or two. I can't imagine how hot it must get for the folks with the dark interior.
Test drove one a couple months before we bought. It was beautiful and not too overwhelming. It was a SE AWD without nav but had the entertainment system in the back. I wish we got that one. I think with the Cabernet interior the Murano looks more sporty and with the Latte it looks more luxury.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
They are all beautiful, including my "Getting Rarer Everyday" Monochrome Polished Pewter. GRIP :D

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
patrickem said:
I think with the Cabernet interior the Murano looks more sporty and with the Latte it looks more luxury.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I traded a base 2WD Deep Black Xterra with a charcoal cloth interior for the Bordeaux/Latte Murano, and I did have an overwhelming feeling of luxury when looking at and riding in the Murano.

In any case, nice to meet another Bordeaux/Latte owner. Enjoy!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have owned my Bordeaux for 2 months now and love it !! Many people have called a purple, it's BEAUTIFUL!! I know of 3 others in Omaha NE., and 1 is sitting on the Nissan lot (SL) where I bought mine.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
all4me, I knew you wanted Bordeaux/Latte and was wondering if you ever picked yours up.. congrats!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm lovin' my Bordeaux! More and more Murano's seem to be popping up in my area, and being a smaller city it's nice to have something different from what everyone else is driving. All the more reason to keep pimping it out too...!

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Okay, so we've had Phoenix, Omaha, Chatham, ON and Philly checking in. I've seen one in Langhorne, PA, Poughkeepsie, NY, one coming off the George Washington Bridge in NYC, another driving south above the NJ Turnpike on 95. Oh, also saw one on either 70 or 465 in the Indianapolis area Memorial Day weekend. Maybe one more here in Yardley, PA. That's six I can remember seeing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got the only Bordeaux I've seen in the Rochester, NY area. However I know one of the dealers has one on the lot now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts