Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this issue? A rattling sound comes from the center console, about where the shifter is, whenever the engine is braking the vehicle's momentum. It occurs whenever I release the accelerator at speeds of about 20 MPH or more on a level or downhill slope. The rattle sounds like a small bolt shaking loosley in its mount (kind of a higher pitched rattle.)

The center console has been cleared of all change and loose items. Shifting into Ds while driving creates the same stress on the drivetrain, and produces the same rattle at a faster rate. I didn't see anything like this in searching the site.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I wonder... there was a TSB for a loose bolt for the shifter that could cause the digital display to indicate incorrectly. Maybe your has a loose one? I believe that TSB was only for 2003 models.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I noticed a rattle last week that occured when I was braking. Turns out to be a flashlight rolling around in the armrest console.

If you cannot pin down the noise, have the dealer use chassis ears (kind of like a stethescope for a car) to locate the noise while you are driving the car.

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm... Isn't there a support bearing under there, for the driveshaft?

I'd have the dealer check it out. It may be in the drivetrain and the sound is being transmitted through the floor.

Or there's something loose inside the console.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
also

as I have discovered, change will get behind/under the cell phone pocket. Remove the felt liners and look under there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made certain that there is no loose change anywhere. The sound persisted. The fact that it happened while the engine was under a negative, decelerating load, and in direct relation to the engine/vehicle speed, makes it worrysome.

Odley enough, the sound stopped today. My wife joked with me that "maybe the loose bolt fell out." I will mention it at my next service visit.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts