Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems there is a TSB on this, and on the visor rattle we are getting in the MO.

Guys, help me out here.

Tell me the MO is solid. I am going through some serious problems and hard times on my Z, and I have lost a LOT of faith in Nissans quality.

After my Z gets out of the shop for its third transmission in 15k miles, I am going to have to drop off my wifes MO to get this back rattle fixed. I already tried to get them to fix the visors and the blew me off... Im gonna have to start getting medieval.

But... please... we have 8k on the Mo, and the only potentially serious issue is it seems to not want to hold alignment.

PLEASE tell me honestly that I shouldnt worry about my wifes car, and that worrying about what to do with my Z is enough...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Three tranny's in a month.... that is amazing. I feel the MO is solid.

It does have some rattles, some have been addressed here on this forum too. If you have a rattle coming from the visor I also had something similar. It turned out its the visors extension, it had slid out a little. I pushed it back in and it was gone. Some have had issues with alignment but there is a SB for a steering rack bolt that needs to be tightened. Ensure they do that and you should be good to go....

Oh yea don't forget to look in your mail in August for you alternator recall. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I find that in the Murano all ticks and rattles easily echo and it is really hard to figure out where they come from. Having said that, the middle seat belt in the rear can rattle while sitting in its storage space on the roof. We have also had others reporting noise from the rear hatch.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I had a rattle coming from the right side of my 03.

As I drove the car I could have sworn it was coming from the right front wheel, it occured only when I hit a bump, and I could only hear it when my windows were down and I was running alongside a wall.

Whenever I had the car in for anything, I would have it checked.

The first time, the dealer "could not reproduce" the noise. It was raining out and that dealer sucked. Halfway home I heard the noise again.

The second time, they narrowed the noise source to the right REAR wheel. The kid poked around and found a rock in the frame. Halfway home I heard the noise again.

The third time, I drove the car, the mechanic rode with me with his head sticking out the window like a labrador to confirm the source. It was coming from the right rear wheel. He racked it up, poked and prodded and discovered that the Brake Cable was unclipped. He riclipped the cable.

The problem is solved. No more rattles, anywhere.

Moral: Sometimes the mechanic has to work like a dog to resolve an issue.

:roadtrip:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr3Putt said:
I had a rattle coming from the right side of my 03.

As I drove the car I could have sworn it was coming from the right front wheel, it occured only when I hit a bump, and I could only hear it when my windows were down and I was running alongside a wall.

Whenever I had the car in for anything, I would have it checked.

The first time, the dealer "could not reproduce" the noise. It was raining out and that dealer sucked. Halfway home I heard the noise again.

The second time, they narrowed the noise source to the right REAR wheel. The kid poked around and found a rock in the frame. Halfway home I heard the noise again.

The third time, I drove the car, the mechanic rode with me with his head sticking out the window like a labrador to confirm the source. It was coming from the right rear wheel. He racked it up, poked and prodded and discovered that the Brake Cable was unclipped. He riclipped the cable.

The problem is solved. No more rattles, anywhere.

Moral: Sometimes the mechanic has to work like a dog to resolve an issue.

:roadtrip:
too true, unfortunatly, the dealer has done right by me, and each time replaced the tranny with no question.

So the fault with my Z lies with Nissan. And hence I worry about my wifes MO.

If its a few rattles that can be fixed... I guess thats no biggie... still for 30K I would expect fewer rattles than I had on my 17k Civic...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems with your Z. I wasn't aware of any known issues (aside from premature tire wear). As far as the rear rattle. Make sure you check the obviouse things like the spare tire jack was installed and strapped in. I don't know why they were in there, but when I got my MO back from service, at the dealer, the jack and hardware had been just thrown in the jack compartment and created the rattle in the back of mine. I put everything back correctly and the rattle disappeared. Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I might do that.

At any rate traded in the Z for an S2000 and I am a happy camper now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
rear rattle

I have had a pesky rattle from the rear and traced it to a drivers side rear seat belt simply pushed too close to the door and the metal connector making contact with the plastic near the door-simple but made me crazy till I figured it out-simple! Sorry about the Z-that was to be my toy car,maybe I'll go w/the Boxster instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts