Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking seriously about buying a 05 Murano. After reading about all the cases of rattles and such I am worried (I hate rattles!!). Has anybody reported this problem in the 05's? Did Nissan fix for the 05's?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Jay,

I purchased my 05 on the 21st and have yet to notice any rattles....

Good luck with your purchase decision :)

Beth

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was a little concerned myself but don't have any rattles so far (MO is 4 months old).

·
Registered
118 Posts
My '05 has rattles in the drivers door and rear passenger side door. Dealer applied the TSB fix but that didn't completely eliminate them. The rattles are not too bad in warm weather, but they get worse when the temp drops.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I have an 03 and there is no rattle what soever...

I think the rattle problems may not be in every single murano afterall.

·
Registered
263 Posts
what were the TSB in 05

JeffC said:
My '05 has rattles in the drivers door and rear passenger side door. Dealer applied the TSB fix but that didn't completely eliminate them. The rattles are not too bad in warm weather, but they get worse when the temp drops.

I have a 05 and I hear noises from the drivers door.What was done on the TSB?
Is their a drivers seat TSB mine rocks and creakes

Thank You

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check here for TSB's:

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Murano/Year.htm

I don't know if they used the TSB procedure. I just dropped it off and let them know that there were TSB's regarding the problem.

There isn't one specifically for 2005 rattles. I guess that could mean the 2003-2004 TSB was not updated, or the problem was supposedly fixed for 2005.

Fortunately, I haven't had to look for a drivers seat TSB so I can't answer that one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Almost 4000 miles on my 05 and no rattles.
They did fix the sterring problem found in the '03 and '04... according to consumer reports.

·
Registered
631 Posts
mozman said:
...They did fix the sterring problem found in the '03 and '04...
Too bad we ('03 and '04 owners) can't get the dealerships to acknowledge it as an actual "problem" to the point where they'll do anything about (i.e. replace the steering pump, etc.)

I gotta wonder why Nissan didn't use some variation of the speed-sensitive power steering that just about EVERY new vehicle has these days. My 2001 Pontiac has it, it's GREAT! Nice and stiff at highway speeds, but in a parking lot I can park the car using my pinky finger. My fiancee's Saturn has it. Some new KIA's even have it...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm glad someone else finally noticed this. The steering is nice and tight, but it doesn't seem to be speed sensitive and/or variable ratio. Even my 10 year old Chevy Blazer had that technology!

JeffC

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not sure if nissan implements that in their cars. At least for the '01 Maxima and '95 Altima and '87 200sx I used to have didn't have it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
According to the Nissan web site, the Altima, Maxima and Murano have:
"Engine-speed-sensitive power-assisted rack-and-pinion
steering".

JeffC

·
Registered
12 Posts
05 S purchased in Feb. I had really bad rattle from passenger sunvisor clip. It was not seated properly. I poked it up and it snapped into place. No more rattle. Have a slight rattle once in a while from drivers door area. Not sure where the rattle is. It is usually more pronounced rattle in the morning when weather is cooler. Will have them look at it first service. Dash makes cracking, creaking type sound when setting in sun all day....only cracks and creaks for about 10 seconds then no more noise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts