Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove to work to day my husband dropped me off he called and told me that he now hearing a rattling sound coming from the car. we thought it needed oil but that wasn't it. the noise still there. Is this a serious issue?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I drove to work to day my husband dropped me off he called and told me that he now hearing a rattling sound coming from the car. we thought it needed oil but that wasn't it. the noise still there. Is this a serious issue?
Maybe or maybe not. You need to pinpoint where the rattling is coming from, which would likely involve looking underneath the car while starting it. A common issue if you live in a Rust Belt state is corroded exhaust heat shields that come loose. If this is the case then it's merely a nuissance and not serious.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe or maybe not. You need to pinpoint where the rattling is coming from, which would likely involve looking underneath the car while starting it. A common issue if you live in a Rust Belt state is corroded exhaust heat shields that come loose. If this is the case then it's merely a nuissance and not serious.
I wouldn't be looking in front of or underneath a car while someone is starting it.

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
Diagnose the problem first, and triple-check that engine oil. There's not enough info in the posts to have any educated opinion. Take it to a mechanic - doesn't have to be a dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts