Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is RDS a built-in function of the BOSE deck or is it an add-on module? I think I recall reading somewhere that it was an add-on module but I'm not sure. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I think it is a built in function. Someone in another post stated that his non "bose" system also has RDS

·
Registered
263 Posts
From what I remember of the post it is a built in feature of the deck, but not all radio stations stream their information. Hopefully what you are refering to is what I'm responding with :rolleyes:

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
The bose unit shows the station name, but NOT the song/info (traffic). it will read the CD song names are well..

it has BASIC rds features (do a seach , this topic is covered a lot in other threads..)

·
4,601 Posts
It has partial RDS support, but does not give all the information that it could.

It's just software, but it's not been done...

·
Registered
416 Posts
In our area as well as station ID, they run short ads....eat at Grapes Restaurante....buy your GM at......kind of annoying...is there a way to disable RDS?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It works!

Ok.. After reading several posts about this, I came accross a post that mentioned that the factory non-Bose system would display CD text if it was available. Maybe I didn't do a good job of reading the owners manual but I don't recall Nissan making note of this feature. Bottom line, if your CD was encoded with text, if you press the "audio" button while listening to a CD it will ask you if you want to display the "Track Title" or the "Album Name." If you keep pressing the "Audio" button, you will see all of the audio options and at the very end you will get the display settings option. If you turn the "Audio" button to cycle through your preference, it will set your choice permanently. I selected "Track Title" and on my display it shows the track title for every song now. I can do without RDS now!

·
Registered
763 Posts
darrly - I just wanted you to know that my '03 MO shows radio station, band name & song title on the station I listen to here in KC? 99.7KY :cool:
Isn't it dependent on what the radio station is broadcasting?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Completely dependent on the station. Where I live, some stations broadcast the song title and artist alternating with the station name. Other stations don't broadcast any text info at all. I've even noticed that some stations only broadcast song info at certain times but not others.

The RDS will read the track title/artist of home made CDs as well. It was pretty funny driving around a few weeks ago with "Fcuk tha police" on my screen when the NWA song by the same name was playing. Good thing I didn't get pulled over :D

Made me think that I could put whatever text I wanted on that screen by appropriately titiling my tracks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm curious. Does anybody know of stations in the Toronto area that display more than just their station name?

·
4,601 Posts
So far, no... And it's really freakin' annoying, because I get RDS on my DAB receiver! For example, CFNY gives weather, traffic alerts and song information over DAB.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts