Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the wonderful situation of a ex-girl that still has a set of keys to my car and now found that she searches it when I"m not around for those crazy ex-girl friend reasons. Ugh. Has anyone had to re-key a car before? I'm not even sure if it is possible or if hiding or just trading it in will be the better solution at this point. Thanks.

-Z

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just make sure you have full coverage insurance with low deductible...this way you can get a new car out of it if it ever becomes missing!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Options

Here are some options:
1. Put a security camera on your car and have her a55 arrested
2. Don't use the camera and shoot her in the act of searching through your car.
3. Catch her in the act, beat her a55, then take the key she used to get in your car. Hopefully she hasn't made another copy.
4. Get a restraining order on Psycho

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree #4 sounds right, but I need proof. She hasn't taken or damaged anything, just copied the contents of my wallet (nice huh) and inventoried stuff like reciepts, junk in the trunk, the normal psycho needs to get a life type stuff. I'm actually looking at just putting a baby video monitor in the car; should slow her down especially with the night vision. The car is my baby after all :)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I'd mess with her head. Leave a "To Do" list in the car with items like "Make dinner reservations for your ex-girlfriend's best friend", or "Pick up antibiotics for STD", or "Send roses to your ex-girlfriend's best friend", or "Meet with Detective Munch to view hidden video tapes and finalize restraining order."

You could always reconcile for a day or two and try to get the keys back before you send her packing again.

And remember, whatever you do, do not make the same mistake twice.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, I left my wallet in a locked console in a locked car...go figure. But I think she got it from before we broke up, since she was telling me my check deposits, what I was charging on my Visa, blah blah blah. It registered a flag but I guess my paranoia should of been at Heartland Security level Orange instead of Yellow. My trust level is now subzero and all I'm thinking is revenge, I'm making those lists you make when you tip too far on the rage side and then find yourself buying a shinny new baseball bat. Arg!!

A make-up is out of the question now, she has gone way WAY over the line, I can ignore some curiosity, but oh man, this is going to stop. I don't care if I have to go to jail to make it stop :) Is that too harsh? I think my blood sugar is low...maybe I just need an orange and a Glock 19c. It's a good thing I was raised with values and a sense of respect for other peoples property (oh wait that's not me at all).

Ok, sorry completely off topic rant. I just need to keep her out of the car and leave my life alone.

-Z

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I am also with #4. Just make sure it covers your property. Then put a little camera (back-up, web, etc.) inside the car with a big note addressed to her letting her know you have captured her in the act, video has been transmitted to you electronically, and if she does not return the key and leave you alone you will share the info with the cops and get her arrested for violating the restraining order. Just make sure the wire coming out of the camera connects to something, or looks like it is connected to something. Otherwise she will never take you seriously again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts