Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to sell the Lexus when we moved from Korea. Now considering MO.

It seems to be cheaper for about $8K, interior not as fancy, but review I read seem very favorable otherwise.

Considering touring option for leather interior etc. Mainly for town driving for wife. Anyone have any particular recommendation?

How much shall I pay extra for extended warranty?

thanks,

gychang

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
gychang said:
We had to sell the Lexus when we moved from Korea. Now considering MO.

It seems to be cheaper for about $8K, interior not as fancy, but review I read seem very favorable otherwise.

Considering touring option for leather interior etc. Mainly for town driving for wife. Anyone have any particular recommendation?

How much shall I pay extra for extended warranty?

thanks,

gychang
If you are from Korea moving to USA, having gps navigation will help you (and the wife) to reach your destination. ;)

So opt for SL murano with premium package + GPS navigation. It is still cheaper than the RX330 standard with no Tech package. :4:.

Extended warranty? you can buy it as long as the murano is still within the original 3yrs/36K miles full warranty period. So the decision can be made later during your ownership. Who knows your wife dislike the MO and want to go back to the RX330 (RX350 now) right? :4:

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
One thing... don't expect you service experience to be the same as Lexus.... :3:

·
Registered
190 Posts
You will love the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). I don't think this is available on the RX-330.

I chose a Murano over an RX-300. More room for tall drivers and electric pedal adjustment.

Also, yes, a Lexus dealer will generally provide a different level of service. But, in my case, my Nissan dealer is also a Mercedes dealer. So, my dealer provides pick-up amd delivery or loaner car when the Murano is in the shop. First rate service in my area!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
these advise on MO are very helpful indeed. About buying the extended service later, tech package etc.

any more recommendations?

gychang

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
If you want a little better handling, I would check out the SE over the SL.

As for the extended warranty, the price is negotiable, and prices have ranged from $800 to $2000 from what I've seen, depending on the level of coverage. Keep in mind that it overlaps part of the manufacturers warranty already, so you are only paying for those couple of extra years beyond the factory warranty.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Eric L. said:
If you want a little better handling, I would check out the SE over the SL.

As for the extended warranty, the price is negotiable, and prices have ranged from $800 to $2000 from what I've seen, depending on the level of coverage. Keep in mind that it overlaps part of the manufacturers warranty already, so you are only paying for those couple of extra years beyond the factory warranty.
Good thing you bring up the SL vs SE thingy.
The reaosn why i suggested the SL model Touring + tech package instead of the SE to the original poster is because he and the wife claim that they used to drive the RX330 (in Korea).

The softer suspension in the SL is more similar to the feeling of the RX330. while the SE has a sportier less body roll characteristics.
THe likelyhood of the SL being chosen is higher....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sure why not, buying a extended warranty for the rainny day is good to go~

Mine is 100k or 7 years with no deductive.
Whydoncha shop around and pick the one that you like best.
Back ground check on those company sure help too, I did.

About the model of your choice, they have been spoken...
Good Luck!

Nizmo

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the oppurtunity to drive a 330 the other day on the highway after just finishing driving my MO. Now comparing Nissan to Lexus with regards to class, quality, and service, there is no comparison. I found however, that the 330 lacked any sort of punch. Cruising at about 80 km/h coming onto the highway i punched it and dove straight into the far left lane like i normally do. Compared to the Murano, it seemed like forever to get from 80 to about 140 and above. There was noe sport mode or tiptronic shifting in this 330, however it was fully loaded? Overall the 330 is a nice car (too many on the road though!) , but i would take the quicker Murano over it in a second..
Kocioblue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts