Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a tip for all. I just downloaded the latest free version of Real Player, version 10. If you burn Cds with it the RDS system will display the track and disk title of your CD. It is pretty cool.:2:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just to clarify, the Real Player software is using the "CD Text" standard which records this information on the CD. The Murano supports CD Text for CDs, and RDS for radio, but they are not the same.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification. I am not really sure how it works, I just like the way it works and I am glad I found a way to get the CD data read in the CD changer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've noticed something when playing CD's that I'm not sure is a problem or I'm doing something wrong. When I have a single CD loaded I seem to be able to read the CD name and song title on the display, however, when I loaded all six CD's all I ever see is the CD and song number (ex: 1-12). Any way to get all of the other info when six CD's are in?

Thanks,
jimmymac

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am glad you brought the point up about the 6 CD loaded. I thought I was going crazy as I knew I had seen the title of the song playing,,, However, I now have all six slots loaded but only see the # of the CD and # of the song playing. I will check out the manual to see if I find anything.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Their is a setting when you use the CD player that you have to set. When playing a CD with all six loaded, hit the Audio/Tune button until it says display. Then select either disc title or song title. I have always had multiple CDs in so I never noticed any other way. Maybe I will eject all but one and see if it behaves differently. Could be a bug in the firmware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts