Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experience any uneven wear on their back brakes? I've only had this happen to one side (passanger). See the attached diagram. Note that the wear has occured on the inside (piston side) of the caliper. Normally this would indicate that the piston is sticking. (opposite side would indicate sliders sticking). The problem is that I removed the entire caliper for examination and found all moving parts to be well lubricated and smooth moving. I was even able to retract the piston back into the caliper housing using my thumbs. I'm wondering if this my be due to something in the EBDS or antilock causing this?
Obviously the level of wear has me wondering if I have to replace the rotor on the one side. Does anyone know the minimum acceptable rotor thickness considered to be safe? Is it a % function of the original thickness or something?

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ADV-

This is from the 2005 Service Manual.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks njjoe.

Gonzo, your absolutely right, however, the wear is far more significant than what you would expect, and only on one wheel. Upon further examination, it turns out that the inside pad is seized top and bottom at the stainless retainer clips on the caliper. Normally the pad would slide here. I never would have expected enough rust to build at these spots to seize movement. Especially considering the stainless slips. Anyhow I'll probably have to the replace the rotor if it fails the caliper test.
Does anyone have the tech pages for removal and installation of the rear rotors handy?

Anthony

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ADV said:
Does anyone have the tech pages for removal and installation of the rear rotors handy?

Anthony
Don't they just pull off once the caliper assembly is removed and the parking brake is released?

-njjoe

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess so. I just wasn't too sure how the parking brake mechanism fits and operates in the rotor assembly. Well if its no different than any other rotor I should be fine.

Anthony

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
If you search someone posted excellent instructios on how to do this... I think with pictures too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts