Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my baby on 08/12/04. 2004 SL AWD, SL Touring, NAV, Dynamic control, etc.

I have looked into some of the things that are available for the car and came across the rear bumper protector. I understand that it attaches via a double sided tape of some sort. My question is -- in terms of car washes, will the thing stay on, will the water collect under it, will it come off due to moisture build up?

Is this a worthy mod?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I installed mine a few weeks after I bought my MO, back in April 2004. Here are my opinions on your questions:

My question is -- in terms of car washes, will the thing stay on? I always have my MO handwashed, but I think that it will stay on for two reasons... it's strong 3M adhesive tape, and it's situated in such a way that I don't think the car wash brushes and rollers would be able to grab it and cause it to detach.

will the water collect under it? maybe a little but there's not much clearance under there, and it has not been a problem.

will it come off due to moisture build up? I don't think so, because it seems like a very strong adhesive.

Is this a worthy mod?
Yes

By the way, you my start thinking about side moldings too. There are several threads on this topic, in case you haven't checked it out. My responses would be the same for the above questions with regard to side moldings, with the exception of the car wash matter. I'm not sure about that one, because although the 3M adhesive seems to be very strong, the side moldings will be directly exposed to the moving parts of the car wash, whereas the rear bumper guard is sort of situated in a slightly protected area.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got "Fins" (silver Murano) in Dec of 03 and immediately put on the rear bumper guard. It's worth it and it hasn't come loose at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed mine when I got my Mo in May '04. It's very helpful preventing scratches, attachs easily and in my opinion is very much worth the cost.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too have one installed with no problems Good thing I did. The first week I got my MO I drove a friend to the airport and her bag scuffed my rear bumper before i installed this. Cover fixed that problem.... I recommend them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Count me in...had it on for two months now.

No problemo!

Nizmo

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I've had mine on for several months now and it hasn't come loose either. It's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have one as well.

Why on earth isn't this thing a standard on every MO?

Well worth the $30.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Bumper protector

I have one, and from some of the scrapes on it I can only imagine what the painted surface would look like if I had not put it on. MVTCP, I agree - they should be standard issue with the Murano.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put one on too, about a month and half ago.

It's been through a handfull of monsoons and held up perfectly.
Love it, well worth the money!

·
Registered
160 Posts
i've had mine for about 6 months now and no problems. I believe I was the first one on the board to install it, you can search for my thread.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Murano_MDX said:
i've had mine for about 6 months now and no problems. I believe I was the first one on the board to install it, you can search for my thread.
Mine went on the day I got the Murano, July 29th, 2003 and it's still there, tight and has many scratches on it so it's definitely doing it's job!

(When my 90+lb Yellow Lab jumps in the back, she seems to "drag" a bit on her way in occasionally.)

·
4,601 Posts
Interesting... I've been thinking about it for over a year now, but not done it yet. So far mine's not looking bad. I keep thinking the first big gouge and I'll be buying one to cover it up!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have had one for 6 months with no problem, the cover has the marks on it the my bumper would have if it was not on.:D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts