Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but may not have correct keywords - I'm needing to replace the grey area on the bottom of the rear bumper (2018) and curious how you remove the old one and install the new one? I'm curious how to remove/install the center chrome strip as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
You have to remove the bumper to replace/remove the above mentioned parts.

You have to remove the fender taillights first. Then it's a few screws and pushpins to remove the bumper. One man can do it, but you really need a second person when putting it back on. One side needs to be held up in place while setting the other side. I used a piece of duct tape to hold one side up while I fastened the other side.

Once you have the bumper removed, part numbers are on all the parts.

Here's the exact part you're asking about:

Not for nothing, have you tried this:

My wife's 2013 Rav4 rear bumper started to get gray from the salt and car washes. After a car wash, I applied the UB two days in a row to the bumper without driving the car. I finished with a double coat of:

The bumper now looks brand new, and that was this fall. I've only had to do a quick wipe with the UB to bring back to looking brand new since then.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - do you know if anyone had ever done a write up with pictures or video on how to remove? I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find one...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks - do you know if anyone had ever done a write up with pictures or video on how to remove? I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find one...
Actually, I still need to pull my bumper to replace the "Tailgate Warning Buzzer" which is whining (shorting out) when it gets wet.

If you can wait, I plan on doing it this week. I'll need to roundup someone to video the job while it's being done. I've tried to use a tripod for several other videos, but it just doesn't work well for me. Too much setting up, getting in the way of the view, just easier with someone else doing the camera work.

I have a channel on YouTube. I'll post a link to the video once I've uploaded it. Hopefully it will be by the end of this week.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Actually, I still need to pull my bumper to replace the "Tailgate Warning Buzzer" which is whining (shorting out) when it gets wet.

If you can wait, I plan on doing it this week. I'll need to roundup someone to video the job while it's being done. I've tried to use a tripod for several other videos, but it just doesn't work well for me. Too much setting up, getting in the way of the view, just easier with someone else doing the camera work.

I have a channel on YouTube. I'll post a link to the video once I've uploaded it. Hopefully it will be by the end of this week.

Have a good day.

Have a good day.

Awesome - if it's not too much trouble and you could include how to remove the tail-lights in there too, that would be great. I took a look but wasn't sure where to even start...

·
Super Moderator
7,985 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Awesome - if it's not too much trouble and you could include how to remove the tail-lights in there too, that would be great. I took a look but wasn't sure where to even start...
As promised, I've completed videos of the full removal and reinstallation of the rear bumper on the 3rd Gen Murano.

The first video is the full walk-thru of removing the rear bumper step by step, without having to remove the rear tires. The video may seem a little slow, but this is for beginners.

The second video has the very last step to remove the rear bumper and the full reinstallation when no helper is available to hold the other end. Several tips and things to look out for while reinstalling are included, some obvious, some not. Hope you enjoy the end!

Comments and observations for improvements are welcome.

Have a good day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts