Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People have been telling me that a rear bumper protector is a must!!! I see one here for sale: http://nissan.autowebaccessories.com/store/prod242_291_2533.php.

In looking at my MO it appears that I already have one. It looks like a plastic guard attached to the bumper (just above the exaust). Does this not come on the 03 and 04??? Am I mistaken and that the bumper protector is something totally different?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The protector you linked to fits on the top flat surface of the bumper
directly beneath the lower edge of the tailgate. This protects that surface when loading ,unloading, dogs jumping in etc.

I think the part you are referring to is just the stock factory bumper.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
The rear bumper gaurd is a long black piece of plastic that goes on top of the rear bumper. It is about 2-3 inches in width. Looking at your link, look at the cooper MO's rear bump image... it is the black portion of the rear bumper as shown.

I thinks its only about $25, you can install it yourself and will help protect the top of the bumper. I would highly recommned it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If it looks like the one in the picture you attached, then you have one. I have one on my Silver Mo and I can tell that from the nicks and scratches that it should be manatory equipment from the factory.

:29:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps I am mistaken. There is a shiny finish and then a plastic piece directly underneath it. Perhaps this bumper protector goes above the platic "bumper" piece and directly on the shiny finish????

Does anyone have a pick of their's? I must just be dense and can't see what this is suppose to look like.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Imagine a sheet of black plastic 3 inches wide and 48 inches long.
You stick it to the top of the rear bumper.

·
Registered
278 Posts
A little closer

Courtesy of Enforcer

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally see the light.......It goes on top of the bumper and is horizontal to the ground (Thanks MO Daile). I thought that it went on the back of the bumper and virtical. The picture from the site I originally posted makes it look like the gray piece next to the exaust. I should have been looking near the trun. I am definitely gonna git me one of dem!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for the replies. The pic courtesy of Enforcer helped this knob see what it is supposed to look like.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
actually....

I think they should have named it "Cargo Entrance Bumper Protector". I bet the name for it in German is something like that.....they get quite litteral in naming things.
You are not the first to ask the question--and I believe it is because of the name.
I like the German word for Pimp car---schlampenschlepper "slut dragger".
LOL

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The name "Cargo Entrance Bumper Protector" totally makes sense to me now that I know what one is. They could name it "schlampenschlepper" and I still would have looked on the bumper and not near the top.:2:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Actually I have a Clear "schlampenschlepper".

I had it put on with my "Invisible Bra".

I actually thought that was what you were referring to and was going to suggest that the dealer may have done it.
Guess not.
Too bad.

But you ought to get one.
The Murano paint is VERY soft and scratches easily.

Homer

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's called a rear entry guard in the UK...Hmm thinking about that and I might understand why they call it differently in the US. :eek:

Anyway I think our version looks a bit nicer....See the link
http://www.nissan-murano.co.uk/uk/murano/launch/accessories.html

Wait for the page to load (it is one of those annoying ones where IE says done, but it is still loading...) then select styling and then rear entry guard....

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
dejongj said:
It's called a rear entry guard in the UK...Hmm thinking about that and I might understand why they call it differently in the US. :eek:

Anyway I think our version looks a bit nicer....See the link
http://www.nissan-murano.co.uk/uk/murano/launch/accessories.html

Wait for the page to load (it is one of those annoying ones where IE says done, but it is still loading...) then select styling and then rear entry guard....
If you look under "Protection" and choose "Soft Trunkliner" you can see a better picture of it. Looks like a mirror finish. I wouldn't like that at all. I prefer my black plastic one, thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Stoker said:
I have one on my Silver Mo and I can tell that from the nicks and scratches that it should be manatory equipment from the factory.

:29:
Totally agree.

It should be standard issue on every MO built.

Talk about nickle and diming the consumer.

If you don't have one, get one.

Simple, cheap and effective. (Hey, I knew a girl like that)

:runaway:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts