Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone has or had any issue with your hatch / rear door?

well, about a month or so ago, i went to the dealer cause the rear door/hatch of my 15 murano wont open.. they told me that the right struts of the door is busted and they need to replace it. It was special electronic struts and they need to keep the car cause they dont have the parts. I asked if both are needed to be replaced, the tech said NO, just the right side. Well now, my hatch wotn open at all.. doors seems to be locked and wont badge.. tried button by the driver, the button @ the hatch itself and both of my remote.. nothing.. I need to go the dealer and again..
this is becoming an annoyance..

FYI, 2015 Plat murano with only 11K miles on it..
:mad: :|

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you check the "Master Door Power Switch" to make sure it's still in the "ON" position? If not, open your glove box door, and you should see the "Master Power Switch" just to the left of the glove box opening. Make sure that rocker switch is in the top or "ON" position. The down position deactivates the rear hatch power lock and power-up/down rear liftgate. You may want to toggle that switch a couple times just to be sure the switch doesn't have a bad connection.

If that doesn't work, my guess would be you have a blown rear liftgate fuse or a faulty rear door actuator, or both.

Post back with your findings and we'll continue to troubleshoot if needed. Good Luck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just to give you an update..

Got the car to the dealer and stayed there the whole day. i was told by the service adviser that the issue was my floor mats got stuck on my rear hatch? really questioning this since i have the weather tech mats and they are pretty heavy to be stuck anywhere between the hatch? Also, as you all know the weather tech cargo rubber mats have a flap sides that wraps around the trunk area... Teach person said that because of this, the on board computer threw error codes to prevent damage to my hatch. Which means, no one can open the hatch except for the dealer since they have to put it in service mode...

Im not sure I buy this !!!

what i think happened was that my rear hatch locking actuator broke they replaced it and wanted to sound a lot better than what it is..

Its shameful that I have been coming back to the dealership to get small crappy stuff to get fixed on 15 murano with only 11K miles...

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Well my hatch took a dump yesterday....it will not open, close automatically....

Yes I tried all the tips and tricks, but alas it will not go up and down, it can be opened and closed manually, and it will lock, but going up and down....no joy...

So I fired off an email to my dealership, and figured now lets get the ABS recall done, and this latest issue done as well....

I thought I was done with issues on this vehicle, seems not so, a year later and still getting problems.....

I think I will be going back to Mercedes, last one was 7 years, only needed gas, oil changes, brake pads, and a set of tires, vehicle never saw the dealership in all the time I had it....

Maybe the first year Murano was a bad choice to get, I should maybe trade it in for a 2017 model.....but only if it comes with the newer navigation and something better than the Nissan Connect.....crap....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like you have a bad hatch struts, thats what happen to me last month. they replaced 1 bad strut and wont replace the other.. according to the dealer, the other side does not need to be replaced.. i dont agree on that but cant do nothing about it.. complaint was send to nissan as you know nothing will happen to it..

this is my first murano, ive always had nissan as my car.. heck even went to infiniti line at one point.. i must say nissan is loosing it.. technology is getting worst... great ideas but cant seem to get it correct... nissan connect - this is a big mistake from nissan.. i have 15 altima wiht it and cant even play pandora in my car while connected to my phone.. nissan support insisted that its apples fault for not testing out all the apps before releasing a new IOS... LOL.. what a joke.. Even on my 15 murano plat.. you would think that nissan would make sure bugs and thins works with this version...

11k miles car and have been to the dealership 5 times.. not including the 2 oil changes...

i guess i whould think about getting out of the nissan game...

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
I hear ya....I think I will go back to Mercedes and or BMW, went to Nissan for a change, purchase made based on looks, thought it would be a nice change, but now starting to regret it....

but all vehicles will have problems, it just seems the Murano has just too many....in a very short time

not sure on how the Murano struts are, but if only one is powered then it would make sense to only need to replace the one, as the other is just there for support, this I can understand, what I don't get is a vehicle, same as yours, only about 11 months old has such basic issues.....I would expect at least 3 years of worry free driving and ownership...

I am dreading to see what this vehicle will be like in 3 years......but I think I will get rid of it if possible sooner, especially if it develops further issues and recalls.....

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Well, for whatever reason the rear hatch is working, it started to work as per normal all on it's own, go figure....

Still have to take the vehicle in for the ABS and the O2 sensor recall.....

at least the hatch does not have to be man-handled.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, today rear door stopped working for a second time on 2016 Murano.
First time it happened around Christmas and I got it fixed in the dealership - looks like they reprogrammed door control module and it started working again.
Today door stopped working.
Failure scenario is the same in both cases - remote start of the engine, open-close rear door and after that is stops working.
And again I need to go to dealership to fix this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had problems with my 15 hatch not closing but when I manually closed the hatch it then again started to work. My problem is that the hatch sometimes does not go all of the way open. When I "reprogram" it as per manual, it lifts to the full extension. Then in about a week it only opens about 75%. Dealer says it is fine and only needed to be reprogrammed. I think there is more to the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my problem was with the little struts, one of them was busted and didn't allow the door to close properly

·
Registered
267 Posts
Had the same problem. I had to manual open with a screwdriver or you can reseat the 40-40-40 fuse in the engine bay fuse box. Reprogram will only keep the thing good for a few weeks. Dealership is now replacing actuator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 2016 Murano AWD SL: After picking up Murano last night for door motor replacement, returned for service to dealer today because liftgate not opening again. With the first troubleshoot, was told door coded 'check engine light' (in addition to other codes), but the 'check-engine' light was not lit. Nissan's troubleshooting path led dealership to replacing the motor (which I believe, this includes replacing the strut, as it is all one unit).
Dealership plans to review electrical/electronics. I will update post once it is resolved. Nissan's 36-month warranty covers the motor replacement, free loaner vehicle (2017 Pathfinder). [Side note: Bought a new car to avoid garage visits, have been to dealer 4 times within a month. Fortunately, the distance is under 10 miles. I feel safe (protected) in the Pathfinder but miss the luxurious interior of my Murano. The Pathfinder won't fit in my garage, so I have plan extra time to clean windshield in the morning.]

·
Registered
267 Posts
I’ve been to the dealer 5 times for this same problem. They’ll never figure it out. They’ll replace every single part imaginable but it’ll still do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016.5 Murano, and like several others, one day rear power door/hatch stopped working. Checked glove box switch, was in "On" position, could not open door/hatch from outside with button on door or key fob.

Today I manually opened door from inside with long screwdriver - lower slot, mechanism several inches inside moves like a hood latch inside the door. Door would not close with button on side or key fob. I then disconnected battery (positive and negative terminals.) Battery terminals, especially positive, were kind of powdery - cleaned both well. Checked voltage with meter, well above 12 volts. I then used my deluxe $ 1.99 Harbor Freight plastic car trim removal tool set, and after removing four push pins from underside of door, worked around edges until interior plastic panel popped off. Removed small connector to close switch on door, and moved panel out of way. Unfortunately, I do not have wiring diagram, and holes inside connectors were too tiny for metal probe from my electrical meter (holes for pins are about the size of the "Master/Slave" jumper pins they used to have on mechanical computer hard drives.) I also removed the similar small connector which goes to the electric lock actuator assembly inside the rear door. Made sure the acuator mechanism was not "hung up" or anything, and there did not appear to be any corrosion - contact points looked greased. I also removed the door close switch assembly (two screws) and gave it a few sharp raps. Put all back together, reconnected battery, and now all seems to be working properly.

As my vehicle, though just over two years old, is out of warranty, I was not in a hurry to go down to my friendly Nissan Service Department and hand over a wad of cash. Nonetheless, in the future if the issue arises again I will first obtain a subscription for AllData DIY or similar for guidance. Guessing the issue probably has to do with the lock actuator, and there does not appear to be any fuse or fusible link for this, though again I don't have a wiring diagram. Maybe this helps someone else with a similar issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
See the thread further down on this same page. It’s another thread about hatch problems. Apparently I don’t have enough posters to be able to post a link yet. Whatever, stupid rule.

My 2015 is going back to the dealer Thursday for them to “attempt” to fix this problem yet again. I can pull the 40-40-40 fuse and hear the computer reset itself or remove the negative clamp on the battery, but the problem re-appears after a few weeks. Sure wish they would find a permanent fix for this very annoying problem. Will keep you posted...

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Just a bit of an update on my vehicle, ever since the initial issue with the hatch, and it repairing itself, I have never had the issue come back.....knock on wood.......

still don't mean I am not looking at another vehicle brand when it's time to change this one....

soon......

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just a bit of an update on my vehicle, ever since the initial issue with the hatch, and it repairing itself, I have never had the issue come back.....knock on wood.......

still don't mean I am not looking at another vehicle brand when it's time to change this one....

soon......

Yup.... me too......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts