Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I had my Murano at the dealer on Friday for the fuel tank shield and to have the rattle in the front door fixed.....Picked up Saturday morning and it has been in the garage since then. I go to open up the rear drivers side door and hear a noise...I couldn't figure it out....I finally look at the door as I open it and notice it is hitting the front door. Any idea how that could have happened?? Vehicle has never been in an accident....

If you look at the my Murano from the front, you can see that the back door is just so slightly sticking out further than the front door.

Any advice would be appreciated...I will be calling the dealer in the AM

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
This is more common with the MOs that have the older style moldings, but that is because molding is thick, and not because the door has moved.

It is possible that the front door (which is heavy) has slightly come out of allignment and has reduced its clearance with the rear door. Compare gaps in the front and rear on the left with those on the right to see if you see a difference. At any rate, dealer or any reputable body shoip can fix that rather quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
...or some idiot heavy tech "hung" on the door....or someone leaned too hard or ran into the rear door while it was open.
It sounds like the latter to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts