Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I hope yall can help me. I have a 2006 Murano and the engine needs to be rebuilt. My husband and sons are going to rebuild it but are still new to muranos. The motor is disconnected and ready to come out so it's not running. They wanted to know if the rear driveshaft is supposed to spin with the tires on the ground and the tires not showing any movement at all. Apparently the rear driveshaft is spinning but nothing else. I hope that was able to be understood, I dont know a lot about vehicles. Thank you for any information anyone can give me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hello, I hope yall can help me. I have a 2006 Murano and the engine needs to be rebuilt. My husband and sons are going to rebuild it but are still new to muranos. The motor is disconnected and ready to come out so it's not running. They wanted to know if the rear driveshaft is supposed to spin with the tires on the ground and the tires not showing any movement at all. Apparently the rear driveshaft is spinning but nothing else. I hope that was able to be understood, I dont know a lot about vehicles. Thank you for any information anyone can give me.
I think this may be normal. The driveshaft engages the rear differential when the AWD clutch receives a signal to engage.

The service manual can be accessed here: https://nicoclub.com/FSM/Murano/2006/

Section TF has information for the AWD system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts