Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm planning to take this issue to the dealer, but before I do, I thought I'd check the wisdom of the group. I have the factory rear DVD player and screen installed in my Mo. The player is installed in the armrest and the screen sits above it. When a movie is playing, it will only get about 3/4 of the way through before it freezes up and refuses to go further. None of the controls respond, including the power button. When the car is turned off, the power is cut to the player and it then shuts off. When the car is restarted, it then starts to work again. The DVD disk, if ejected, is really hot leading me to believe that overheating may be an issue. Anyone have any thoughts on this or heard of similar problems?

Thanks in advance - Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hot DVD player

Hi, im C

I also have the DVD player. It has worked OK so far with about 5 DVDs, but, when you eject them, they are HOT!

·
MO'ing since 5/16/07
337 Posts
We've had this issue with ours - but not on every DVD by any means. I think it's happened on like 3. I always assumed that it was just a sensitive player and the DVDs were scratched. Maybe there's more to it?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies - although I was hoping for a sooner reply when originally posted in 2004 :D :D

As a follow up, you guys (and gals) might be interested to hear that I had to have the entire unit replaced. Turns out there was a bad batch of DVD players and my replacement was backordered for three months before I got it. Also had to have the DVD Nav completely replaced - all under warranty. So much for the superiority of Japanese electronics!:2:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Jim C said:
Thanks for the replies - although I was hoping for a sooner reply when originally posted in 2004 :D :D
But they did, didn't they?????:2: :2: :2:

·
MO'ing since 5/16/07
337 Posts
Jim C said:
Ha - I didn't even look at the date. I only saw the thread because it was in the "new posts". I wasn't the first to reply! :2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts