Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I don't think this is the issue long time ago and not on the Murano but please check for radial tread separation. The steel belts break away internally but the tire looks fine on the outside. When going down the street, the rear end starts shaking like Kim Kardashian's butt. It is more of a side to side wobble when it happens. Not sure you can do it yourself, may need a tire expert.
I had someone follow me and check the rear tires to see what was happening. They could see it shimmy back and forth at low speeds.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had replaced the 1st set of shocks myself and I just got the replacements under warranty and put those on. The 1st set were definitely leaked out and the rear shimmy was gone after a test drive. IT was the shocks after all.

The ride is ok on the Monroe.. I wish I coulda tried the other brand from rock auto instead (KYB?) but the warranty is only for direct replacement. If the new set fails I won't bother with rock auto no more and will look for a diff set. Hopefully I can find a pair of bilsteins for the mo?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Also I think the shimmy issue is always gonna be there to some extent. I noticed it when I first bought it and also noticed it on a 2010 fx 35 when driving over pot holes or bumps in the hwy... I think it's more to do with the wheel size because both have 20's on and the mo rides way better on the 18" winter set...

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
Replace Left & Right rear control arms & bushings then all the cars won't jump anymore
You are responding to a 6-year-old thread. Please check dates before responding to anything from the archives.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts