Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear exhaust has broken through someplace the tips will move up and down easily. So how big of a deal is it to replace the rear muffler ?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok is that something that will need to Be welded to repair it or is it necessary to replace the whole thing?
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
28 Posts
it could be this... if its not rotted, it could be welded. have a look under the muffler at the back

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right got It, it's been raining here for 3 days straight so soon as I can I will get under there and get some pics for posting and get some more advice...
Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
If a hanger breaks, fix the hanger. You may not need to replace anything.

If there's major rust, then you may need to replace some exhaust parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My '07 the flange rusted out. Noticed it the same as yours, the the exhaust tips were swinging loose. I took it to a local repair shop that cut away the rusted flange and welded in a short section of pipe to patch it up.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The muffler was fine in my '03 after 16 years, I never needed to do any exhaust system work.

I live in the Northeast US, so I was pretty surprised. I remember back in the 80s I had to replace my exhaust system every couple of years due to corrosion.

That said, my front subframe in my '03 totally rusted away after 16 years...

·
Registered
849 Posts
The muffler was fine in my '03 after 16 years, I never needed to do any exhaust system work.

I live in the Northeast US, so I was pretty surprised. I remember back in the 80s I had to replace my exhaust system every couple of years due to corrosion.

That said, my front subframe in my '03 totally rusted away after 16 years...
First gen Murano's used a stainless steel clad exhaust system. The only parts that weren't was the joiners, made from regular steel. The joiner at the rear end was always the first to rust thru.

If you put a regular steel pipe joiner in to fix the issue, the piece would totally rust out in two years.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had my rear exhaust pipe to muffler flange rust away. I used my Sawzall and then slid a piece of flex tubing over the two ends and used two muffler clamps. Over the past four years I've had to replace the piece once, but I bought a foot so I have a couple more replacement parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts