Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 2019 Murano when the rear hatch is opening or closing it beeps(quite annoying). Has anyone found the location of the beeper? I had a 2014 and unplugged the beeper but the 3rd gen is different and not in the same location.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I believe there is a thread that mentions how to disable it in the 3rd gen forum by unplugging the beeper, you can use the search function to find it...

Funny thing, the liftgate warning beep stopped working on my '19... I don't know if it's something I did inadvertently by pressing a magical sequence of the button, or if it just stopped working. When it stopped working I was pressing the button multiple times it because it seemed like it wasn't responding, so I was out of sequence with it, but I think it may have just been the delay between button press and it starting to move (and I wasn't hearing the beep to confirm my button press...) Although I can't fully recall whether it was beeping or not when this occurred, it certainly hasn't had the warning beep since...

I kind of miss it, because like I mentioned, there's a delay between button press and movement... I haven't taken the time to investigate it yet...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Funny thing, the liftgate warning beep stopped working on my '19... I don't know if it's something I did inadvertently by pressing a magical sequence of the button, or if it just stopped working.
Funny you should bring that up, since I was planning to use the key FOB today to see if maybe pressing and holding the liftgate open button and unlock button might silence the alarm. I looked in the manual last night but didn't see any mention of it (which means nothing). I'll try various combos. I thought there's a button in the glovebox that disables the liftgate feature, setting it to manual mode, but I believe there's no keyway to open the liftgate from outside, so I'm not sure how that would work. Maybe that was on a platinum or a different vehicle I was testing out.

I don't like the way the liftgate closes. It seems to draw in the hatch unevenly at the very end, making me concerned that the rear glass might twist/flex and shatter. The lower-left side seems to close after the lower right side has sealed.

·
Super Moderator
1,311 Posts
I don't like the way the liftgate closes. It seems to draw in the hatch unevenly at the very end, making me concerned that the rear glass might twist/flex and shatter. The lower-left side seems to close after the lower right side has sealed.
If you can see with the naked eye that the door is not closing both sides equally at the same time, then there's an issue somewhere. Video it and see if you can see it on the video.

Check the door gaskets first and the stops that are part of the anti-pinch assemblies on each side of the door. If they're all set firmly, check the door for misalignment.

With the door open, measure from both corners of the door straight down. Both measurements should be the same. If not, then it might be a weak lift.

The lifts might be slightly out of sync. I believe that there's a procedure to reset the rear hatch.

If everything checks out, then it would be worth it to get it documented at the dealers, in case of bigger issues with the rear hatch down the road.

You can only use the physical key from the inside to open the hatch if there's no power. It's in the manual.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Registered
510 Posts
I no sooner left my desk to leave that I realized the hatch just has an electronic lock/unlock function; there is no key needed, just like on my '03. :)

I'll have to pay better attention next time I use the liftgate. The few times I've opened it, I was standing off-center and favoring the left side, so it's possible I just wasn't seeing the right side enough. But my peripheral vision seemed to detect that the right side sealed before the left. I'll double check. I tried doing that "garage mode" height adjustment the manual describes, but I guess it's not part of the SL package, and probably is a Platinum perk, such as the steering wheel column positioning being done electronically. That is, unless the "garage mode" is simply the act of lowering the liftgate by hand a little and it will maintain in that position. I took it to mean that I can set the height I want so that the next time I open the liftgate within the garage, it will only open to the height I'd previously chosen.

No luck with the FOB button combos being pushed to stop that beep, or FOB button(s) in combo with the actual liftgate button, or door lock buttons, etc. And there's nothing but a blank switch plate in the glovebox. Maybe MuranoSL2003's beeper fried, or there really is some bizarre button combo that's impossible to guess at using reasonable and even unreasonable logic (I tried a bunch of different things.) I wonder if there's some kind of sensor within the interior hatch trim that senses when the liftgate is moving, and that triggers the beeping noise. If so, maybe such a sensor could be obscured by crud or fogginess, and that's why MuranoSL2003's beeper isn't doing anything...the sensor simply isn't detecting the gate's movement to trigger the beep.

And I'm not suggesting MuranoSL2003's car is poorly maintained and full of crud... ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts

Just an update. So I went ahead and pulled out the connector to the speaker and everything still works. An added bonus is that the hatch no longer does the 3 beeps when opening and closing. Just opens and closes.

For anyone else interested. When looking under the car, there is a single harness that splits into two. The section you're looking for is the one that goes toward the passenger side of the rear bumper.

I was actually able to get my arm in there and grab a hold of the connector and wiggle it until it popped out. As I wiggled it the speaker was making different tone sounds, so I know that I was at the right spot.

Thanks for bringing this up Styles666. It was something that really annoyed me for a while..

·
Registered
510 Posts

Just an update. So I went ahead and pulled out the connector to the speaker and everything still works. An added bonus is that the hatch no longer does the 3 beeps when opening and closing. Just opens and closes.

For anyone else interested. When looking under the car, there is a single harness that splits into two. The section you're looking for is the one that goes toward the passenger side of the rear bumper.

I was actually able to get my arm in there and grab a hold of the connector and wiggle it until it popped out. As I wiggled it the speaker was making different tone sounds, so I know that I was at the right spot.

Thanks for bringing this up Styles666. It was something that really annoyed me for a while..
Thanks for the update. I'll have to explore that when I'm under there rust-proofing the exhaust and installing a tow hitch. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts