Nissan Murano Forum banner

rear hatch door lock

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Eric L. 
#1 ·
I had a little trouble with my rear door lock on the hatch back where the electric lock did not seem to work. It was after wash my Mo and after driving about I parked and locked all the doors with the remote. When I got back I could not open up the rear door and the lock sounded like it was not getting enough power to move.

After playing with the remote, locking and unlocking the doors, I opened up the drivers door and locked all the doors with the switch on the arm rest. After shutting the door I used my key to unlock all the doors, one twist for the driver door and the second to unlock all the doors including the rear hatch. This time the lock on the rear hatch worked properly.

I can only summized that maybe I reset the rear hatch lock as everything is now working. Has anyone else had this problem and what worked for you to get it rectified.

#2 ·
Sometimes if I don't slam the rear hatch tightly, it won't lock securely. Not sure if this is your situation though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.