Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this just started the other day. When I use the button on the hatch to open it, it just clicks open, but doesn't raised up. So I manually lift the hatch to get it all the way open. Then I hit the button to close the hatch and nothing happens. I tried to use the key fob to close it, and nothing happens.

I know I need a new battery in my key fob. Is it possible that this is ALL a symptom of a low battery in the intellikey? It doesn't seem like it should be, but who knows? Has anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably taking it in this weekend for an oil change, so I'll have them check it out. Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same issue.

·
Registered
117 Posts
did you check the button in your glove compartment? Perhaps that was pressed by accident. Other wise, raise it manually and hold the open function, this will set the opening height as per the manual

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I've opened the glove compartment in months, but I'll give it a look. I'll also try your other suggestion.

Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't think I've opened the glove compartment in months, but I'll give it a look. I'll also try your other suggestion.

Thanks!
it's in the manual

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked the glove box button, and it was ON. Tried to adjust where it should open to, and that didn't work.

It's weird. Even if I try to open it via the button on the dashboard, it pops the latch, but doesn't raise the hatch at all. Definitely gonna have the dealer look at it this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a similar problem last week with my 2015 Murano SL. Hatch just stopped in the middle of opening and would only work manually after that. Took it to the dealer and they said they had to re-program the software (no motor replacement) and this solved the problem.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! Hopefully it's something as simple as that for mine. Just made the appointment for Saturday, so I'll find out this weekend.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They said when they hooked it up to the computer it looked like there were some codes, or something, in there that made them think that the hatch may have tried to close once, but something was in the way so it popped back open. For some reason it stayed in its computer that something is in the way, so it wouldn't open or close with the buttons. I'm sure I didn't explain it correctly, but it was something along those lines. They just cleared out the codes, or whatever they are, and it works perfectly now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same problem started again. Hatch was working fine, but when starting the vehicle while the hatch was in the middle of opening itself, it just stopped. Then the buttons didn't work anymore. Time for another trip to the dealer...

·
Registered
203 Posts
On our 2014 Durango, we traded in on the Murano, if you started the vehicle while the door was in motion, it would stop briefly then continue on its path to either open or close once the engine was started. It's weird that the door on your Murano just stopped and the buttons wouldn't work.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, I think it should work the way you described. I'll take it to the dealer (again), have them fix it, and see if it they can duplicate the issue. If this keeps happening, it's gonna be a real pain in the butt!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lol I started a new thread on this and it seems I have the same issue has you.

I have my appointment at the dealership in a couple of days, will keep you posted.

P.S. : so what happened 2nd time around ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts