Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife nearly made me buy a pickup truck purely for transporting waste to the local landfill site...We've got more grass than we can ever rot down into compost and the local government only comes ones every two weeks to collect, so there are quite a few trips...My little VW Golf TDI is too small to transport...So here is the solution, a great fitting soft removeable and waterproof bootliner...

Tools required: None
Skills required: None
Time required: 5 minutes

Enjoy the pictorial

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attach the rear first...

Attach it first to the c-pillar windows...

Notice how it protects the boot as well from scrathing when you load it up....

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And attach the back to the headrest loops, also used for the luggage compartment cover...This is to ensure nothing falls inbetween the liner and the seats...

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And finally...

Load it up and you can close the flap with the buttons to the site...Great so nothing falls out when you open the bootlid...

I think it is great...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Wow, that's nice! I might have to get myself one of those. I have the standard rubber protector, but does nothing for the sides when hauling crap.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i was getting worried there as i was scrolling down through your pictures. i thought at the end i was going to see a mo with a load of garden waste or gravel in it and a shovel.

pretty cool though. ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
viewmont said:
i was getting worried there as i was scrolling down through your pictures. i thought at the end i was going to see a mo with a load of garden waste or gravel in it and a shovel.

pretty cool though. ;)
LOL I didn't take that picture! Seriously, the next trip was with garden waste, but we still bagged it up before I put it in...Slightly wet grass really smells....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought it from the Nissan Dealer, it is on the official Murano accessories list. It was a bit pricey GBP85 which should be USD150 using the current exchange rate, but knowing that you guys get everything cheaper :confused: it is probably more like USD85...Still expensive, but very well build, a perfect fit, especially like the boot flap and golden gloves ;-)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jballchat said:
Yeah this is cool but I hve found that a couple of heavy plastic shower curtains do just as well for a fraction of the cost.
ROFLMAO That is actually the content that was below the carton boxes.....Seriously it was....

One thing you are forgetting, this is my wife's car, custom fit or shower curtain is like silk lingerie versus baggy white underwear. There is no option ;)

·
4,601 Posts
Hmmm... Was there a Nissan Part Number on the box? It would be interesting to take that into dealers here and ask for it. My guess is that it won't show up in the system, but hey, worth a try.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The partno is: KE965CC5SO

Hope it works, alternatively I don't mind sending it out!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Perfect Accessory

Perfect Accessory for every Hit Man in Training. No fuss/no mess just roll the bodies out the back.
Seriously, I would really like to get one of those. I have not ever seen them listed in the U.S. Though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Perfect Accessory

pcs15394 said:
Perfect Accessory for every Hit Man in Training. No fuss/no mess just roll the bodies out the back.
Seriously, I would really like to get one of those. I have not ever seen them listed in the U.S. Though.
LOL You've guessed my real occupation....I can't remember which rental car I got when I was for business in Islandia (Near New York), but the boot on that saloon was so big (deep and wide) that you wouldn't even had to fold the body :cool:

If you can't get them in the US and you really want one I could ask my dealer for a better price. I had to call him for the partno and was joking about comission but they were willing....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts