Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this rattle in the right rear that's really only audible with the windows down and best heard while driving next to something that will reflect the noise. It's a loose metal type of sound, and it happens a LOT - at the slightest bump. I've had it since I bought the car. In short, I've brought it to the dealership, rode in the car where the tech heard it. A few techs looked for the rattle - couldn't find it. They found another customer complaining of the same thing. They drove a new murano off the lot and heard the same thing. They have no idea, and gave the car back.
I mentioned the EB TSB, and the tech quickly nodded no, that's not it. I tried depressing the EB pedal and that didn't help at all.
They seem to think it's "normal exhaust noise" (?!?! WTF???)
Any ideas?
'04 copper sl murano, bought a couple months ago.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've had a similar rattle since I bought the Murano and I think I've finally traced it down to the remote seat release mechanism. It rattles like crazy if there rear seats are un-occopied, but when I have someone back there (rarely) the rattle is gone. I ahven't been able to figure out how to fix it but the dealers going to get his chance when I go in for my 30k service here in a couple of weeks.

Here's the offending part (when it's no longer rattling).

Here's where it rattles like crazy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I've had my Murano for 2 months now and love it except for the same problem: the annoying rattling sound that seems to come from the rear. I took it in to the dealer a couple of weeks ago because it sounded as if it was coming from the drivers side. The service tech. took the rear left wheel off and claimed it had something to do with the brake or caliper or whatever, by that point I had been there for almost five hours on a saturday and just wanted to get home... All seemed fine until the other day when I swear I heard the rattling again, only this time from the right side! WTF???!!!
NYMO:3:

·
Registered
717 Posts
cinergi said:
Hi! Thanks for the response. However, the pictures are broken for me :)
Right click on the "red x", bring up the properties for the image, copy it in it's entirety, and insert it into your address bar, and hit enter.

The pictures work perfectly and are linked correctly, as far as I can tell, but for some reason, they don't show up here with any consistency. I can see one but not the other right now???

·
5,244 Posts
Right click and "show pictures" solves the problem.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have a rattle that comes from behind the right rear passenger seat. I don't think it is coming from the seat release though. It seems to be in the section behind the seats under the floor covering but before the rear cargo actually starts. I can hear it with the windows closed and it doesn't matter if anyone is sitting there or not. It usually occurs when the road surface isn't perfectly smooth, which basically is all the time.

Very annoying! :confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
We had a mysterious rear rattle too, seeming to come from the right rear. Not the EB. VERY obnoxious over bumps and uneven pavement. After removing EVERY possible rattle maker, we made an appointment at the dealer. Luckily we have a dealer who doesn't brush us off, even thought it took them 2 hours to find it. Hard to explain, but it was the door pad thing on the hatch. Once they replaced that, all we're left with is the infamous window tick. Btw, they replaced the brake pads to to get rid of the squeak, but that's back. 2 thumbs up for Auburn Nissan (and Downtown Seattle, too since they're the ones who fixed our damn alternator AND gave us a rental!)

-cp

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had an exterior rattle like this which could be heard with windows down. Most noticable when passing by objects which reflected the noise back.

It was the parking brake cable shaking under neath the car. Had the cable slack taken out and the sound went away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts