Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,
Im having a hard time to understand how to replace the rear rotors as I cant get access to the brace bolts.
My problem is the caliper bottom bolt which I cant pull out as there is a bar on the way. There is zero room for socket,
and don’t know how to get there without taking caliper off.

What Im doing wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hello All,
Im having a hard time to understand how to replace the rear rotors as I cant get access to the brace bolts.
My problem is the caliper bottom bolt which I cant pull out as there is a bar on the way. There is zero room for socket,
and don’t know how to get there without taking caliper off.

What Im doing wrong?

Loosen both caliper bracket bolts (the big bolts that hold the caliper bracket to the steering knuckle) and then remove the one closest to that guide pin and then you'll be able to swing the caliper/bracket assembly up so that the pin is no longer obstructed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loosen both caliper bracket bolts (the big bolts that hold the caliper bracket to the steering knuckle) and then remove the one closest to that guide pin and then you'll be able to swing the caliper/bracket assembly up so that the pin is no longer obstructed.
I see now, thank you.
Wow, there is zero room, very tight spot. Was able to find a nice vid, I wish I did see it before.

But how to torque the big bolts? I cant get socket on it with wrench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I see now, thank you.
Wow, there is zero room, very tight spot. Was able to find a nice vid, I wish I did see it before.

But how to torque the big bolts? I cant get socket on it with wrench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Torque the other bolt that can fit a socket and pay attention to how tight it feels. Then tighten the other bolt with a box wrench and try to approximate that feel. Those bolts are quite stout and can withstand quite a bit of torque so you can get away with overtightening a little, but don't go overboard.

Alternatively, if you absolutely won't be able to sleep at night unless every bolt is torqued to specification then buy a metric torque adapter (or crowfoot wrench) set , but you'll need to adjust the torque setting to account for the extra length of the extensions.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I never noticed that when I did mine. Both of my lower caliper bolt are rusted stuck and didn't want to break them. I just removed the top slider bolt and swung it down to get the pads out. You will need a 19mm wrench for the caliper bracket too as a socket will not fit, that same suspension arm is in the way for that bolt too. I went out a bought a set of ratcheting wrenches when I discovered that. More tools!

I ended up marking the bolt and bracket before I used an old solid 19mm wrench and rubber mallet to loosen it since neither a torque wrench nor breaker bar would fit in there. Put it back in with the ratcheting then used the solid wrench and mallet to "torque it" by lining the marks up.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for good advices. It will help to complete my project this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts