Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this website for a rear seat DVD entertainment system with 7" LCD screens that fit in the driver/passenger headrests. The best part is that this company makes the full headrest for your perticular make/model and matches the cloth/leather and colour. This is so cool!

Now, they don't have one yet for the Nissan Murano, but I bet they're working on it. It would help to send them a note on behalf of Murano owners. The total self install kit comes with
- 2 x 7" LCD headrests
- DVD/SVCD/CD/MP3 player w/ TV Tuner
- 2 x wireless headphones with RF transmitter
- FM Modulator
US$ 1,399
http://www.autobarn.com/images/miva/tmi/VLincluded2.html

Not bad considering if you buy a DVD entertainment system for your car from the manufacturer (GM, Ford, etc) it costs at least $2000.

Check them out @ http://www.autobarn.net/vis7kitwitdv.html

If you find a better deal or a DVD entertainment system that is better than this, please post it. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see no need for full usage of the large centre console. So I'd probably put the DVD player in there, mounted vertically. It should take very little space, and you can use the power outlet. So convenient! This would be the easiest install in the Murano.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the site, looked at the package but they don't have the kit available for the Murano. Which kit did you pick to install on the Murano?
Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
you guys, you don't even need to ruin your head rests anymore! They now sell brackets for the monitors which you clip on! it just goes in front of the headrest. Another option if you don't wanna mess with the headrests. If you need them, let me know, I can order them wholesale for you. Also, any screens/dvd players i can get wholesale, or a very low price, and car audio. My uncle owns a car audio store, so yeah i got the hooook up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts