Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey MO Gurus:

Anyone know if the 04 MO has rear sensors available as an option? They don't appear on Nissan's website, and I'm inclined to believe they are not offered. However, while perusing the WAAG site, I noticed a disclaimer on the rear bumperguard saying that the guard was not compatible with rear sensors. So I'm wondering if that was just a generic disclaimer or if WAAG knows something that doesn't (yet) appear on the Nissan site. If the sensors aren't offered, anyone know of a good aftermarket alternative?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
419 Posts
It is not an option on the 04 MO....I wish it was though....

·
5,244 Posts
follow this link bckup sensor

This was installed on a FX, but the sensor is universal. As a matter of fact I was considering it as well (another project on the back burner, priorities!).

Hope it helps....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed backup sensor on my Murano

I have an after market backup sensor installed. The dealer offered that as an option. It looks really nice. They even painted the outter part of the sensors to match the bumper. I'll try to get a picture. The alarm beeps when it detects an obstacle and beeps faster as you get closer to it. When you hear a solid tone, you are about 6-8 inches from the object.

·
5,244 Posts
Re: Installed backup sensor on my Murano

Furby said:
I have an after market backup sensor installed. The dealer offered that as an option. It looks really nice. They even painted the outter part of the sensors to match the bumper. I'll try to get a picture. The alarm beeps when it detects an obstacle and beeps faster as you get closer to it. When you hear a solid tone, you are about 6-8 inches from the object.

pls send the brandand pictures! I am sure many people here are interested;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
6-8 inches? That means you're still going to be parking by braille in the city- I'd kill for a parking spot with 6-8 inches on either/both side(s) :)

·
5,244 Posts
Fencesitter said:
6-8 inches? That means you're still going to be parking by braille in the city- I'd kill for a parking spot with 6-8 inches on either/both side(s) :)
So how do you get in and out of the vehicle?;)

Sunroof I guess:D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking into aftermarket systems sensor systems (even though my MO is not due to arrive for several more weeks!). While searching through the web, I came across this solution used by some Acura MDX folks. Its appeal is that there is no drilling into the visible part of the bumper and the sensors are tucked away in an unobtrusive manner. Given the pictures on the MDX site, do folks think this might work for the MO?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reverse sensor pictures

Here are the pictures I promised. I still need to call the dealer to find out who makes it and how much the parts cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
That's REALLY nice. Get us more information! :) :2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
that looks great!
where is the speaker placed inside? and what does it look like installed? (pics)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Furby - did you find that the two sensors alone were sufficient for the MO? On my Olds minivan, there are four sensors across the back bumper and it does not appear appreciably wider than the MO.

Thanks for the great pics!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found the two sensors to be sufficient. Before I backed out of the garage, it detects the side of the garage. Also, I had someone stand directly in the middle of the bumper and it picked him up too.
I called the service person at the dealer and he said the sensor is made by EchoMaster. He said they snaked the wires from the sensors through the panel of the car and connect it into the front speakers. The dealership charges $795 for parts and labor (cutting holes in bumper, wiring, etc.)

Their website features the Murano on the front page :)
http://www.echomaster.com/home.htm

·
Registered
238 Posts
And just beep when you see something in the rear .... $795 saved for some discarded buttons ... that should be the easiest mod ...

·
Registered
323 Posts
There is a kit at JCWhitney for a Fiamm back up sensor kit. Fiamm is an OEM from Italy. Kit was $65 if I recall -- haven't gotten it , but I'm leaning that way. Could do a lot with $700!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts