Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every come accross a rear spoiler for the MO? I would like to install something small and farily simple just to get some down airflown over the rear window.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was in Las Vegas two weeks ago and saw a dark blue Murano with a rear spoiler added to it, but I wasn't close enough to make out the manufacturer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This may just be my opinion, but I think it looks awful!! A spoiler on a MO takes away the good look and makes it something I would cringe at if it drove past me. :28:

·
Registered
758 Posts
I agree

it looks horrible and The installation instructions appear to be for a Maxima.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gesh, that is what I had in mind but this one looks terrible. You could get one to look OK if it was lower profile and the base was not so "thick".

I'm thinking that even a siple one a small air deflector just raise up about an inch would be sufficient.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It would be nice to have some sort of air deflector to reduce the dirt/crap that accumulates quickly on the rear window...the problem is the Murano styling is so distinctive and attractive, it will be difficult to come up with a design that would blend in with the styling yet be effective...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just use the rear-windshield washer/wiper. That's what I do when I get dirt back there. :cool:

I would not put that thing on my MO, regardless of how "low-profile" you could get it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The one I saw in person was similar to the the link that danielg280 provided, but a lower profile. That didn't make it look any better. When I first spotted it, I thought it was a Murano with a birth defect, then I realized that it was done on purpose.:confused:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got to find something.... that entire rear window, and hatch are always caked with dust.... drive me silly. :eek:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
yeah, the plan i live in is fairly new and constantly under contruction, if we could find something to redirect it i would smile from ear to ear...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Gonzo said:
Got to find something.... that entire rear window, and hatch are always caked with dust.... drive me silly. :eek:
With a well waxed MO, daily dust can easily and safely be erased with an original California Duster. I park mine on a semi busy street almost daily. It gets coated with a fine dusty film. If allowed to accumulate, my Black MO looks like crap. The California duster does a fine job. Although when I'm dusting the grill I feel like the world's smallest dentist brushing teeth!

Dookie uses one in the desert town of Las Vegas, he's the one who initially turned me on to the duster. Trust me, Vegas generates more dust than any other town I've ever seen. If it works there, it will work where you are!

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts