Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My 2007 Murano rear sub frame damaged due to rust and need replacement.

I figured out when the rear driver side tire was bending inward and took to the mechanic that i trust for the last 6 years. He examined and told that the sub frame has rusted and needs replacement. He said it is quite laborious and needs several parts replaced as few parts might get snubbed

Dealership has quoted $4800.

I would like to get help on what all parts need to be removed in order to replace the rear sub frame . I would like to order those parts in case i need to replace them as the parts locally are quite expensive. If not used as part of the repair i will return them.

Can i please get a list of all parts so i can place the order

Thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
7,791 Posts
I'd recommend you work with your mechanic to determine which parts need to be replaced and which don't. You can surely save money by not having a dealership do this, but working with a competent independent shop.

This is not the kind of work that's familiar to a dealership. They tend to work more on newer cars and warranty work. I'd really prefer to work with a good indy on this project. The Muranos have been reported to have problems in rust-prone areas, so it's worth taking a bit of time and doing it right. Sounds like you narrowly avoid a major breakdown!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My regular mechanic did not want to do it as it was too much labor,
Found another indy mechanic who agreed to do it for $850 that includes a $400 part

Lets see how it goes. I will update here if everything goes ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2007 Murano a few months ago used, and when I drove it, it would Jump left to right when I hit holes, took to a Firestone for camber toe alignment, was told rear sub frame was rusted through on both sides, can't drive! I called whom I bought from, they towed it, and replaced the subframe with a used one, and had to replace two support bars and 4 bolts. I got it back, no cost to me, but it still jumps left to right, and now the ac compressor and alternator went out, I've owned it fur a few months, only got to drive it for a total of 15 days with all the issues. These muranos are crap!! I found out the ac compressor leaks water directly onto the rear subframe which is why so many have rust issues. I will not buy another, and haven't even fixed this one, I'd rather drive my 03 rusty Pontiac grand prix, at least old rusty is trusty!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sound like you didn't take the time to do a little research and have the car looked over by a trusted mechanic. Anyone who has nothing to hide will gladly agree to letting you do this. Anyone trying to rush you is trying to hide something. Buyer beware!

These are two things that MUST be done on any car 5 years or older before purchasing.

The research will give your mechanic a heads up on what to look for that might go wrong with the car you're looking at.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought my 2007 Murano a few months ago used, and when I drove it, it would Jump left to right when I hit holes, took to a Firestone for camber toe alignment, was told rear sub frame was rusted through on both sides, can't drive! I called whom I bought from, they towed it, and replaced the subframe with a used one, and had to replace two support bars and 4 bolts. I got it back, no cost to me, but it still jumps left to right, and now the ac compressor and alternator went out, I've owned it fur a few months, only got to drive it for a total of 15 days with all the issues. These muranos are crap!! I found out the ac compressor leaks water directly onto the rear subframe which is why so many have rust issues. I will not buy another, and haven't even fixed this one, I'd rather drive my 03 rusty Pontiac grand prix, at least old rusty is trusty!
I noticed mine jumps like that as well, it may be normal...not sure? I have 2 muranos, both do the same. I also have rusted kframe, but not broken. That is a $1800+ to $3000 job...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts