Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock backup camera with the NAV package...

does anyone have info on it..part number, and connections back to head unit. is it rgb, rca or some proprietary harness?

I love that stealthy camera on my murano and want to add one on another vehicle if possible.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Their used to be a song entitled searching/

G. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

does anyone have info on it..part number, and connections back to head unit. is it rgb, rca or some proprietary harness?

I love that stealthy camera on my murano and want to add one on another vehicle if possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help

Searching?? That's cute.

Perhaps this thread:
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3209

> Problem is, nobody answered that guy and its been nearly a year.

Or how about this quote :
"Weeee a rhyme. But it is. I am looking at putting one so I can mount a camera where the 2005 Mo camera is. As a matter of fact I am looking to buy a 2005 Mo rear view camera for the job IF IF I can learn about the output etc. sufficiently to utilize it appropriately."

> If that quote looks familiar, it's because you posted it yourself in a thread in July...but then no update.

Hey, about when a bunch of people on the following thread were discussing something similar:
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3043

> You added the wonderful nugget "Please see my detail post under thread "rear view camera" GRIP" . No link, nothing. But I searched on that by title too, and guess what?? Nothing.

Don't presume I didn't search. I spent about 30 minutes on this site, and then another 30 on an infiniti site. I am self-reliant and don't mean to waste anyone's time, but I asked a question because I'd like some help. Hmm...thought that's what these forums were for..perhaps I was wrong. Looks like in the past couple of hours 30 people have viewed this thread so maybe they're interested too?

How about posting a link to a thread I might have missed instead of being a smart a$$??

·
Registered
24 Posts
I share your frustration, I'd like to add a back-up camera to my 2003 Mo, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the know regarding this mod. It's seems with nearly every site I visit there are those waiting in the weeds to jump on you if they think you didn't use SEARCH. Try the Acura MDX site they might have something that would be a good "neutral" solution.

·
4,994 Posts
I am not trying to be a ass H****

I researched this a lot at one time. Located the rear-view camera controller, Posted a bunch of stuff about a cheap way to have TV / DVD on the NAV. Some stuff about triggering the Rear View Camera circuit even when you are not in reverse, I put it all on here somewhere.

BUT I CAN"T REMEMBER WHERE! So I thought someone could search it out as well as ask someone else to do it. All I can suggest is, search my posts, search "easy TV", search "rear view camera" words.

I really wish you luck! I can't remember where I out it. It is all so all on the 2005 factory manual you can buy like I did. Unfortunately I don't have time to go thru the manual and find the appropriate section, hopefully some one really interested in their Mo will spend some time and find out.

In the past (When I had time) I answered every question I could and some I couldn't.

I would like the same camera on my Phaeton and I don't even have the time to even do it for myself. :4:

So please don't be angered with me I am just out of time as even my typing is suffering as i try to dash something off, while i eat at the computer, while trying to take care of the latest crisis.

I did suggest and have had some good positive feedback form jaak and Erick about organizing the "How TO" and "What can I Order" etc so people can find stuff with reduced time searching. ( see the Thread "Group project" I think that is so worthwhile that I will probably spend most time on setting up a format and then trying to organize and fill in the info. It's kind of a series of pre done searches organized by major areas. Of "Before your buy", "When you Buy", "Adjusting what you bought", and "modifying your MO".

·
4,994 Posts
jetlounge said:

SEE answer in the OTHER THREAD SAME SUBJECT. G

·
4,601 Posts
I'll merge these... (Edit: Merged)

·
4,994 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts