Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a rear view camera to their Murano? What parts are needed to add a rear view camera to the NAV?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
GripperDon has, but I haven't seen any pics of his install...I would definitely be interested though...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I used a TFT Screen that I had with a viceo cam that had a standard composite color output. The camera can be had here. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32826&item=5723749087&rd=1
I'll make some pictures later and post them. Like everybody I have been very busy and not done all the things I should do. I don't have factory Nav but an aftermarket non display type called VCom so I am no help on a Nav addition try JAAK. GRIP :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can use 'security' cams ilo Automotive

I went the really cheap route and bought an outdoor waterproof securty camera. They are cheaper than the automotive ones, but are not hole mounted. I have mine mounted hanging down back under the rear bumper with a 90 degree angled mount. Clicking on the ad above, it looks like the automotive ones are getting much cheaper now.

I bought my camera for around $24 and LCD screen for $79. IF going the 'security' camera/screen route, there are few improtant things to keep in mind:

1. Make sure you get a 12V DC model. Many are 8V or 24V.

2. If using eBay, watch out for shipping charges from Asian sellers. They may have a good price on the camera, but if you then have to spend $29 on shipping and wait a couple months, what are you saving?

3. You will have to cut the 120Vac to 12Vdc transformer off, and put on some kind of connection terminals a automotive lighter plug. IMHO these wires are too thin to just twist together in the field.

Someone asked about install pics. I may take some. I need to remount mine becasue I got rear-ended an it was knocked off. (you should have seen the guy's face furn white when I said, "Oh, that's my rear video camera..." I would swear he didn't start breathing again until I mentioned it was just for backing up and did not actually RECORD. As a rear-ending the accident was obviously his fault, so I don't know what he was so worried about if it was on video tape. It's not like that would make it more his fault or somthing. Such a tape would be fun to watch though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
:roadtrip:

*B*U*M*P*

If anyone else can show photos of their MOD rear video camera on 03-04 Murano, that would be kewl!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I promise I'll really Try and get some Photos. Right now it is located behind the license plate with a little hole in the plat for it to look through. I chose this location because It is the shortest lens I could find and as that location allowed me to use the connection available behind the little door that ins inside the hatch directly opposite the license plate. Their is actually nothing much to photograph except a small hole in the plate. I posted the camera source $60 on the forum before. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5723749087&rd=1

Grip :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts