Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

did any of you noticed the degrees (celsius and fahrenheit) symbols when you start your MO on the rear view mirror... just wondering if there is a connection for that as well ??? im talking about the digital compass ....

not that i want it, but curious to know about this as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Haven't noticed it yet. Just the directional compass for me there...

·
Registered
631 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:
hey all,

did any of you noticed the degrees (celsius and fahrenheit) symbols when you start your MO on the rear view mirror... just wondering if there is a connection for that as well ??? im talking about the digital compass ....

not that i want it, but curious to know about this as well
I haven't noticed that... since there's a temp readout on the LCD I never paid attention to the mirror. A lot of those Homelink(R)-integrated mirrors are all made by the same company and sold to various car manufacturers who may or may not include certain options. A lot of GM vehicles, for instance, display the compass and temperature on the Homelink mirror... since the MO has it's own temp readout they probably just didn't hook that piece of the mirror up.

Of course, I could be waaaaaaay out in left field here, I'm just guessing.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I noticed it. It is a one second flash before the direction shows up. Looks like a three digit number with the symbols beside it.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I bet one of our engineers on this site could find a way to connect the cabin temp sensor the rear view mirror...

Funny my backup sensor has a digital display with cabin temp... so then I would have two plus the OAT! :p

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Gonzo said:
I bet one of our engineers on this site could find a way to connect the cabin temp sensor the rear view mirror...
Does MO have an inside cabin temp sensor?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It does but doesn't dispaly it to us. It uses it for enviornmental control. Sensor screen located near where keys hang when in ignition if I remember correctly.

One could tap into that and display it on an LCD mirror I bet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, I'm a believer now. I seen the F and C as well as 100 when first turning the ignition key to on. You're not crazy!

·
Registered
472 Posts
When I first turn the ignition on I see 2 zero digits followed about a second later with the compass reading. I have the 2005 SE model.

·
4,664 Posts
Years ago, things with many capabilities were often built with jumpers to select what's enabled. These days, they're often flashed with firmware to select what's going to happen, and use common parts.

So, the mirror has to be taken apart and checked to see which it is, and if it's able to be used that way. It's even possible, but not probable, that stuffing in some missing parts will enable the temperature capabilities.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Mine doesn't!

I made it a point to watch the mirror this morning when I got in the MO... it didn't show C or F or a degree symbol, nor 100. It showed two fully lit LED digits with all the cross-hashes and such lit (initially).

Maybe it just depends on which batch of Homelink mirror was used when your MO was built...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts