Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the owners manual ion page 3-31 where it talks about the Automatic Anti-Glare Inside Mirror it states "Do not apply glass cleaner. Doing so will reduce the sensitivity of the sensor, resulting in improper operation." Is this correct? If so what should I clean my mirror with? Any info is appreciated.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Plain water (de-ionized or reverse osmosis are best), I think they are worried about two things:

The Ammonia in some glass cleaner that over time can etch glass or alcohol that might weep into the "dimming films" for lack of a full description that are in the mirror and could be adversely affected.

A number of eyeglass wipes or LCD screen wipes are also good.

Don't use so much liquid that it wil flood the mirror.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
GripperDon said:
Plain water (de-ionized or reverse osmosis are best), I think they are worried about two things:

The Ammonia in some glass cleaner that over time can etch glass or alcohol that might weep into the "dimming films" for lack of a full description that are in the mirror and could be adversely affected.

A number of eyeglass wipes or LCD screen wipes are also good.

Don't use so much liquid that it wil flood the mirror.
I have found that most eyeglass wipes (I wear glasses) and LCD screen wipes are nothing more than some soft tissue dipped in alcohol. Is that okay?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I feel it is as they are not drooling down the glass into the innards. (neat word "innards")

·
Registered
289 Posts
My 2004 owners manual only goes to 3-18, mirror info on 3-15, no mention about cleaners do-s or don'ts. Different info in 2005?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts