Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Murano yesterday...

Should the icons (homelink #1, 2, 3 & the compass on/off selector)on the rear view mirror illuminate at night when the headlights are on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
atlmurano said:

Should the icons (homelink #1, 2, 3 & the compass on/off selector)on the rear view mirror illuminate at night when the headlights are on?

Thanks!
That's funny...I've had mine for less then a week and just noticed that on the way home about 10 minutes ago...I pointed that out to the wife and we both thought it was a little ridiculous that they didn't illuminate. So this is my first "what were they thinking" thought on the Murano. Well...my second...my first was when I had a mattress in the back and realized that there's no way to tie down the hatch if you have something oversized in there...nothing to tie a rope or bungee cord to on the hatch door itself.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
atlmurano said:

Thanks!
Should they? YES

Do they? NO

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Re: Re: Rear View Mirror - Illumination?

Brucefan said:

Well...my second...my first was when I had a mattress in the back and realized that there's no way to tie down the hatch if you have something oversized in there...nothing to tie a rope or bungee cord to on the hatch door itself.
Tie it to the hatch latch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rear View Mirror - Illumination?

Gonzo said:

Tie it to the hatch latch.
Both the wife and I tried to find a spot on the latch to use but couldn't...this is a 2006...wonder if I either missed the spot you're referring to or if the latch on the hatch is different. Just thought there'd be hooks to do this in the rear hatch.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sorry on my way to the car yesterday I looked... not hatch latch!

What are they thinking... you are right.... no place. Geesh.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Funny I had moved a mattress about a month ago (QUeen size) and was wondering what the *** ... that is stupied.

Anyway... I did use a bungee cord and on the bottom i'm sure we can all find a place, but on the door what I did... I hooked it onto the license plate frame. It worked well. I also put a small towel between the cord and the bottom half of the door so it didn't rub the paint at all. But it worked really well and didn't damage anything.

Maybe we should try to find a place to screw in a eye hook somewhere on the inside of the trunk door.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Ingenious!!

It would have been nice for Nissan to design-in some hooks. But since they didn't, good old Yankee ingenuity prevailed.

Way to go, Enforcer!!

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the answer about the non-lighted icons. We're new to the Murano and this was a question I couldn't find the answer to anywhere else.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What I did was stick on a small 1/4 inch clear rubber bump that is used to protect glass table tops onto the button that I use to open the garage door. No looking for the button, just feel for the bump and push it. Works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts